Sign in to follow this  
Chaos81

VC Color options

*Sneaks in when friend is doing a long haul*
*Changes the PFD Artificial Horizon colours to "Down = Sky Blue, Up = Dirt Brown"

trollolol.

*Sneaks in when friend is doing a long haul*

*Changes the PFD Artificial Horizon colours to "Down = Sky Blue, Up = Dirt Brown"

trollolol.

That is awesome

What I love about the pink lighting in this picture, is that it really shows off how much detail and effort the team have put into the night lighting-the shadows under the knobs, the fading as you get further away from the source, the reflections.

Absolutely amazing job guys.

Says the colourblind guy B)

No but really, you can actually have a disco party at 35000 feet :P

I wonder why is that feature in the PMDG777? Maybe for some guys having issue with Monitor Color calibration? I know I will never deviate from the Standard Boeing Colors.

It is because Boeing do offer the option of colour changes now for airlines. Not sure how many of them have taken Boeing up on the offer though!

- Jane Whittaker

It is because Boeing do offer the option of colour changes now for airlines. Not sure how many of them have taken Boeing up on the offer though!

Didn't know that! Now it makes sense.

Alexis Mefano

Didn't know that! Now it makes sense.

Is that a "dynamic" change during the flight, as the passenger lights are, or are the colors "fixed", ie unchangable once chosen by each operator?

I'm guessing one of the reasons is to stop the complaining from people who say "why doesn't the overhead look like picture #5028573814 on a.net?" Now people will be able to get the color just the way they like it.

Jon Skiffington

Reminds me of this:

:lol:

LOL. I remember that movie, it was awesome. This definately fits in LOL

I know people enjoyed the option in the NGX that allowed you to modify your colors. PMDG have taken that to the next level in the 777.

They've added what is basically a color picker into the PMDG Setup menu that you can access via the CDU. PMDG Setup > Options > Colors. You can change 47 different things, anything from the CDU colors, to the PDF colors, to the MCP colors, to the flood lighting.

Here's a shot of the first page of options, how you change the colors once you've hit the LSK next to what you want to change, followed by my quick jump into making a cockpit so ugly even my mom would scream.

2013_8_2_19_20_34_757.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I know people enjoyed the option in the NGX that allowed you to modify your colors. PMDG have taken that to the next level in the 777.

They've added what is basically a color picker into the PMDG Setup menu that you can access via the CDU. PMDG Setup > Options > Colors. You can change 47 different things, anything from the CDU colors, to the PDF colors, to the MCP colors, to the flood lighting.

Here's a shot of the first page of options, how you change the colors once you've hit the LSK next to what you want to change, followed by my quick jump into making a cockpit so ugly even my mom would scream.

2013_8_2_19_20_34_757.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

what a nice feature

What's the point of this feature? 

Customization.

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png