Sign in to follow this  
Maribell

Simple AI & TTools

Ok here is what I've done and still not working properly Went to KPHL after the last step was completed Traffic Slider at 100% ai traffic working fine but the aircraft i added to the flight plan not showing up ive even went to KMCD to see if it would arrive waiting and waiting nothing. Hit Control w to switch between aircraft not one heading towards the new airport i edited. Is there another way i can add traffic to this airports without the headaches

STEP1_zpsb8ab6707.jpg

sTEP2_zps23cc0ec3.jpg

Step4_zpscc3b1315.jpg

Step5_zps1d749079.jpg

Step6_zps3916a72c.jpg

STEP7_zps6e8cc63b.jpg

Step8_zpsc317cec4.jpg

Step9_zps63c8c7cb.jpg

Step10_zpsf0825dcb.jpg

Just used another Program AIFPV2 Nice utillity easy to use followed the steps to a T and stilll getting the same issue the newly created Traffic BGL is also in its place under world scenery folder put in a time for 8:00am and set the time within the sIm to match the departure time i set in the AIFP utilitiy added a couple of legs and still the aircraft does not show up at any of the airports ive chosen any ideas?

I am not used to using flightplans other than weekly ones but I will try and help and if I err hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chip in

You are setting a 6hour cycle for this FP. But will that plan in a King Air  be complete in six hours, including a minimum 40 minute stop in KMCD ?

Your departure time at KMCD is 00:00:00. !    Assuming your first leg from KPHL takes 2.5/3 hours ? you will be landing at KMCD at 03:00:00 (ish) You are then telling your plane to wait until midnight GMT before continuing. I dont think this will work in a 6hour plan.

I assume you have checked that the aircraft name in the aircraft.txt file is EXACTLY the same as in the aircraft.cfg file of the King Air ?  and that both airports are in the airports.txt file

Peter

Peter Schluter

I am not used to using flightplans other than weekly ones but I will try and help and if I err hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chip in

You are setting a 6hour cycle for this FP. But will that plan in a King Air  be complete in six hours, including a minimum 40 minute stop in KMCD ?

Your departure time at KMCD is 00:00:00. !    Assuming your first leg from KPHL takes 2.5/3 hours ? you will be landing at KMCD at 03:00:00 (ish) You are then telling your plane to wait until midnight GMT before continuing. I dont think this will work in a 6hour plan.

I assume you have checked that the aircraft name in the aircraft.txt file is EXACTLY the same as in the aircraft.cfg file of the King Air ?  and that both airports are in the airports.txt file

Peter

Time set for departture is 00:20:00 just hard to see on the screen shot i pretty much put in 6hrs to get from KPHL to KMCD :P i pretty much allowed Simple AI do the airport naming. I also tried AIFP V2 wich is pretty straight foward tried it with various planes and compiled the bgl (Same problem) I read somewhere that someone was having the same exact issue only with FSX turned out his AI  software Global AI was designed for FS9 so his Si was ignoring any AI traffic compiled Bgl so he re-compiled the Traffic.bgl to FS9 and now his traffic is showing up. I dont understand how this would affect me considering im running FS9 already but i did install Global AI perhaps if i convert mines to fsx traffic BGL ill get lucky

Will post back and let you know

I might add that due to quirks of FS9, when looking for AI you have added you should look 1 hour either side of the expected arrival/departure time. I cant offer an explanation why, but FS9 just does this sometimes....daylight savings perhaps.

Time set for departture is 00:20:00 just hard to see on the screen shot i pretty much put in 6hrs to get from KPHL to KMCD :P

No.  Your departure from KMCD is set at  00:00:00.  The whole cycle KPHL-KMCD-KPHL needs to be complete in 6 hours. Your plan wont do that.

Peter Schluter

Well that dint work, Im pretty sure ive done everything right the only thing i set to 00:00:00 is the arrival acording to the develepr who created Simple AI he stated that its ok to leave the arrival time at 00:00:00 because the simulator will automatically calculate it

Regardless i have used also the AIFP V2 and there ive set up the arrical and departure times along with the airport names acordingly witht he persentage set to 1 so if the slider is at 1 or higher the aircragt will show up and still no luck

I might add that due to quirks of FS9, when looking for AI you have added you should look 1 hour either side of the expected arrival/departure time. I cant offer an explanation why, but FS9 just does this sometimes....daylight savings perhaps.

No.  Your departure from KMCD is set at  00:00:00.  The whole cycle KPHL-KMCD-KPHL needs to be complete in 6 hours. Your plan wont do that.

LOL I can assure u its 00:20:00 the only thing set to 00:00:00 is the arrival lol B) just a bit faded u probably dont see the 20

Regardless heres the setup i had re-created in AIFP

Aircraft.txt ---> AC#1,180,"AI Cessna 402A Generic3"

Airport.txt--> KMCD,N45* 51.89580',W84* 38.24120',741

KCVK,N36* 15.89230',W91* 33.75850',715

Flightplan.txt ---->//FSXDAYS=FALSE
AC#1,5868,1%,24Hr,VFR,13:00,17:20,800,R,5268,KCVK,18:40,22:39,800,R,5268,KMCD

OK Just tried setting the time back 1hr from the actual departure time i had set up in AIFP V2 and still no luck... This airport is KMCD and has no AC available... I can send commands to ATC but will not get a reply could that have something to do with it/

I can see quite clearly in the flightplans file.....

KPHL departure is 00:20:00.....

KMCD arrival is set to 00:00:00 and you are correct, TTools will calculate an exact arrival time....

KMCD departure is set to 00:00:00  

This whole plan cannot be completed in 6 hours so I think that is why it wont show.

Peter Schluter

Heres what it looks like in AIFP  still the aircraft doesn't show after compiling i did try your suggestion with Daylight saving time but still no luck departure 0800

the best thing about AIFP is that it calculates the duration for you and will set the leg times accordingly. I have extended it a bit to allow time for taxi,delays ect ect but still not working perhaps my simulator is broken lol

Departs KMCD-8:00

Arrives KCVX 8:33 The time is Automatically  ajusted by AIFP acording to the Aircraft.CFG Speed settings

Departs KCVX 8:53

ARRIVES Back at KMCD-9:26

Again not appearing on eather airorts 

Look at your last screenshot. Under the box "return time" it is set to 00:00

Now look at the 7th screenshot. The bit that reads "KMCD,00:00:00,00:00:00"  will tell FS9 that your return flight from KMCD to KPHL will not take off until midnight GMT. Your entire plan will not be completed in 6 hours

Peter

Peter Schluter

Look at your last screenshot. Under the box "return time" it is set to 00:00

Now look at the 7th screenshot. The bit that reads "KMCD,00:00:00,00:00:00"  will tell FS9 that your return flight from KMCD to KPHL will not take off until midnight GMT. Your entire plan will not be completed in 6 hours

Peter

Ok got it i see what your refering to....i will double check that ..... now how about the settings in AIFP im pretty sure i set that one up correctly but still not showing up

Here you go

Aircraft.txt AC#1,180,"AI Cessna 402A Generic3"

Airport.txt  KMCD,N45* 51.89580',W84* 38.24120',741

KCVK,N36* 15.89230',W91* 33.75850',715

FlightPLan.txt /FSXDAYS=FALSE

AC#1,5868,1%,24Hr,VFR,13:00,17:20,800,R,5268,KCVK,18:40,22:39,800,R,5268,KMCD

Screenshot for this is just above lol i posted it 5min ago

but incase  lol 

I see you have used a different airport ...KCVK not KCVX , but anyway that flightplan should work.

You are looking for it departing KMCD at 8.00 am local time/13.00 GMT ?     And try an hour either side of that.

When you go to KMCD are there any other AI aircraft there ?  The default AFCAD only has 5 parking spaces

Peter Schluter

I see you have used a different airport ...KCVK not KCVX , but anyway that flightplan should work.

You are looking for it departing KMCD at 8.00 am local time/13.00 GMT ?     And try an hour either side of that.

When you go to KMCD are there any other AI aircraft there ?  The default AFCAD only has 5 parking space

No other aircraft's and yes lol i did try another airport for arrival i figured its alot closer then KPHL   :P

Really appreciate your help will post back with the results B)

The one you have used (KCVK) is 100 nm longer than KPHL !

Are you looking for the aircraft at the right airport ?

Peter Schluter