Sign in to follow this  
byork

FS2Crew Airbus X FAQs and Trouble Shooting!

Airbus X FAQs and Troubleshooting

Question: I'm using P3D V3 and the FS2Crew panels are black.

Answer: 

You don't have the latest version of the aircraft.  Download the V1.31 or later update for the Airbus aircraft itself from the Aerosoft Update Database.

http://support.aerosoft.com/

Question:  I don't have a clue what to do!

Answer:

Read the 'CAPTAIN'S FLOW' section in the manual.

We made the Captain's Flow section in the manual like an all-in-one tutorial for rookies.  It coves a lot more than just basic flow items.  It walks you through an entire flight and tells you exactly what to do.

Question:  Sometimes the plane just doesn't act right.

Answer:

Open the FS2Crew Main panel *AFTER* loading a panel state file.

If the problem persists, re-install the Airbus and apply all updates so you can get original panel state files back.   Corrupted panel state files can cause weird issues to occur.

Question: Where's the manual?

Answer:

The PDF version is in Start - All Programs - FS2Crew2013.   It's also available on-line.  Link for the on-line manual available via the Aerosoft Airbus Configurator.

The manual is very thorough.  It covers almost every possible situation you can encounter.  

Please use the search function in the manual.

Question: How do I turn on the Night Lighting on the FS2Crew Main Panel?

Answer:

Lighting is now connected to the Airbus panel light switch on the Airbus pedestal panel.

Question:  How do I add or remove FS2Crew from the Airbus?

You need to use the latest version of Airbus Configurator.  You need Version 1.15 or later of the Aerosoft Airbus.

Check the section on the right!

When you enable FS2Crew, the Configurator will add FS2Crew window/gauge entries to the Airbus's panel.cfg file.

Question: How do I open the FS2Crew Main Panel?  There's no clickspot.

Answer:

Please read the manual.   Unlike other FS2Crew's, there's no clickspot to open the FS2Crew Main Panel due to technical reasons associated with the Airbus being a VC only aircraft.

Instead, to open/close the Main Panel, you need to create a joystick/button assignment to do the job for you.

• Create a joystick or keyboard button assignment for 'AUTOFEATHER (ARM/OFF)' in the FSX 'SETTINGS - CONTROLS' menu.
  • You can select any Joystick or Keyboard assignment (or both).
  • If using a keyboard assignment, we recommend using a single key, like the letter "C", instead of a complex combination.
  • You may need to over-write an existing FS key assignment.  The majority of the FS key assignments you'll never use, so it's rarely a problem.

Bryan,

Amazing product! 90% accurate to what we use, different settings in different situations, but as you mentioned, it comes straight out of the book at Airbus. I guess our company adhered it to their liking.

I am in flight at the moment, and I said PACK ONE ON..and something happened that the ROSE mode for the ND is turned to ILS and it sticks there. There's a constant clicking noise and when I try and change the ND mode, it goes back to the ILS mode.

Now, I doubt it will be anything that can be recreated by anyone, I just wanted to bring it up to your attention.

It's just a pain to guess where I am ;-)

Again, great work, and I'm glad I can talk to my computer without looking as "stupid" as I did before WITHOUT FS2Crew..lol

Cheers,

Dan Desjardins

I have installed the airbus ..no issues.. I have installed FS2crew. .. i have downloaded the new configarator. but when using the configarator and selecting voice I received an error message stated that the path could not be found. why, what does that mean and how do i correct it please.

I just want to get flying ...;-(

Darren Crosby

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpgpmdg_logo.gif

I have installed the airbus ..no issues.. I have installed FS2crew. .. i have downloaded the new configarator. but when using the configarator and selecting voice I received an error message stated that the path could not be found. why, what does that mean and how do i correct it please.

I just want to get flying ...;-(

Try running the Flight1 Registry Repair Tool:

http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library

Also, when you installed FS2Crew, the installer should have automatically detected the location of the FSX folder.

Make sure you didn't install FS2Crew to some other place.

Best,

Just got fs2crew for the bus, but after installing, running configurator (getting conf that fs2crew voice control installed successfully), loading fsx, saying yes to load the guage and trust, setting the button onk/b and throttle panel, nothing happens.

Have rebooted and removed/re-installed and still cannot get this to work. HELP!!!

Have the NGX voice as well, works fine.

FSX Gold

AXE 1.16 with hotfix 019

Steve

Steve Cox

Steve,

Try opening the FS2Crew Main Panel via the Views -> Instrument Panel options menu in FSX.

If it opens, then you know the problem is with the assignment you selected to open/close the FS2Crew Main Panel.

Try re-assigning the button to a single letter, like "C".

Best,

Steve,

Try opening the FS2Crew Main Panel via the Views -> Instrument Panel options menu in FSX.

If it opens, then you know the problem is with the assignment you selected to open/close the FS2Crew Main Panel.

Try re-assigning the button to a single letter, like "C".

Best,

Thanks for the suggestion, I can open all panels except the main panel (see screenshot below).

When I first tried it, it loaded XGuage (Active Sky 2012), so I have removed it from my FSX machine as now run it on slave machine.  Rebooted, tried and now just getting as per the screenshot.

Have remove xguage.dll from Guages folder and also from fsx.cfg.

In Configurator, have removed FS2Crew, loaded plane, closed FSX, gone back into Configurator and re-selected FS2C voice and it says it's ok, but still getting the screenshot.

Any other suggestions?

fs2crew%20airbus.jpg

Problem sorted, panel.cfg still had loads of XGuage references, used the backup I created prior to installing it and now loads ok.

Steve

Steve Cox

Gad all. I purchased the voice Airbus extended yesterday (my 5th FS2Crew). Knowing the potential variation install for different aircraft, I followed the install as per the manual. Loaded up the sim and all activated the FS2Crew main panel. I immediately noticed the 'soft mute' (M) was active even though the button was turned off. I ran the ''preflight" - voice was working (dialogue was visible) but there was no response from FO or FA. I the set about trying to undo the mute by assigning a new joystick command - no joy. The Ctrl button do not work. I have restarted FSX several times and the soft mute remains active. What is key to all of this is that it has affected my other FS2Crew apps (NGX, Q400 & 767) with same Soft mute issue. The other problem I found is that the joystick assignment for opening the main panel doesn't save.

The only thing different to other installs was adding FS2Crew to the Aerosoft Airbus configuration - I did select all options as per the install manual. I suspect this is where the problem lies - from memory i did select the 'backup all cfg panels'. I have not done a reinstall as yet in the hope it is a simple fix.

I have not had any previous issues with Fs2Crew and am blown away by the experience, especially when flying online. Hopefully you have an easy fix for me.

Cheers

Youngie63

P3Dv4 - PMDG 747 QOTS II, PMDG 737 NGX, Reboot, MT 6, MJC Q400, ORBX. FlyTampa, FS2Crew voice, Aivlasoft EFB + FSX Steam

Yes mate. Have gone in and confirmed

Yes mate. Have gone in and confirmed

Cheers

Steve

P3Dv4 - PMDG 747 QOTS II, PMDG 737 NGX, Reboot, MT 6, MJC Q400, ORBX. FlyTampa, FS2Crew voice, Aivlasoft EFB + FSX Steam