Sign in to follow this  
737fandm20

Re PMDG 777 first preview video!

It's nice to see the features but these videos are all pretty nasty. Odd aspect ratios, jittery frames, spelling mistakes.... It makes the 777 look like something from FS9! Let's hope someone with a bit of a flair for video puts something out with the superb quality of nick's NGX overview a couple of years back.

Despite the fact that these videos are not in HD, and are not extremely "polished" like lots of the NGX videos are, the systems functionality which I believe is what they are really trying to showcase at this point is astounding, the only real competition I have seen to their level of realism is the Majestic Dash-8-Q400 and that is saying tons as they provide commercial Level-D simulators with their software for real pilot training. Sadly I will not be picking up the 777 as I do not like to fly the heavies, however I am nothing short of floored at the systems and graphics DESPITE the raw video footage which to me is not necessarily a bad thing.

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

I wish I had a good computer  :Cry:

You do

• Processor
    Intel Core i7-3630QM
  • Processor Cores
  • Processor Speed
    2.40 GHz
  • RAM
    8 GB
  • Video Board Manufacturer
    NVIDIA
  • Video Board Model
    GeForce GT 650M
  • Video Memory
    2 GB
  • Mother Board
    Alienware M14xR2 (U3E1)
  • Hard Drives
    699GB Seagate ST9750420AS (RAID)
  • Monitor
    Generic PnP Monitor (1600x900@60Hz)
  • Operating System
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
  • Joystick
    Saitek Cyborg F.L.Y 5

I wish I had a good computer  :Cry:

Mate I'm flying on an Asus laptop right now - 20FPS average with pretty high settings (see 777 shots). Just down the Autogen and other things. 

Stop releasing stupid pointless videos, and just release it, *******.

Okay we won't put out any more videos. But in order to release - approximately 165 million videos need to be uploaded (the fake price tag remember- isn't there to look pretty! B)) 

Does the 777 have a autostart like the 747 where you flip the fuel cutoff switches first and toggle the start on the overhead second? Just curious if it is only manually done like the 737 and in the last video.

Well done! Thanks for posting AJ.

Chuck Biggins

You could wait for release with previews or you could wait without anything to see, I doubt that videos are holding things up.

O so you dont want to see any videos to pass the time until it releases.