Sign in to follow this  
markadeane

Beta preview shots - B777

Hi all,

Since beta went live I have been cris-crossing skies in the 777, putting some hours on the bird and doing what beta folk do, try to break stuff!

So far, I've failed.

I can honestly say that the airplane is in tip top shape, really well polished, and a tribute to Rob and the team. What little remains to be tidied up is really fairly minor, and will simply go towards making the final product a must-have.

PMDG face an undeniable challenge in that their last offering - the NGX - is still a much beloved add-on and could hardly be accused of showing her age. So how do you improve on perfection?

Well, you're going to hate me for this vague answer: It's hard to describe, but the 777 is just better. The immersion is several orders of magnitude beyond the 737. The sounds are mind-blowing, and with the sub-woofer up, I could sit there all day spooling up those GE90's just for the sheer thrill of hearing that distinctive drone build up behind me!

If you're sitting there thinking that the 777 is not all that different from the 737 from a pilot perspective, think again, it's a whole new ball game!

Anyone who has the pleasure of owning the 747 and MD11 knows that sitting in the VC preparing for a long-haul flight has a far greater sense of occasion to it than prepping for a short-haul. The feeling is more like that aboard a great cruise liner about to head out to sea, rather than a simple commuter bus about to pull away from the stop.

There's a lot of planning required, and ALL of the numbers are bigger: more fuel, more cargo, more passengers, takeoff reference speeds that climb well into the midd-100's. Not only that, but you're about to go out to the active and unleash a HECK of a lot more energy. There are some serious laws of physics to be dealt with in a 347 tonne, fully-laden 777, so the responsibility just feels that bit more real!

The sense of anticipation is really unlike any other experience in flight simulation, and PMDG have really put some thought into capturing this. The 777 is a REALLY cool plane to bring to life. Once you have all essential systems online, the flight deck is a symphony of rushing air, whirring fans and the deep resonant hum of all of those systems lurking in the 64-odd meters of airplane just behind the flight deck door.

You're going to love it!

Anyway, enough waffle. "Pics or it didn't happen", am I right? :lol:

The images in this post and the one that follows are all panoramas, so some of the perspectives are a little unusual. Still, they give a sense of the size of the 777, and what a gorgeous model PMDG have assembled, both inside and out.

Enjoy!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Absolutely great work there, Mark!

Very well written. You are definitely adding to the anticipation. Thanks for sharing. As I just got rid of all my speakers in favour of headphones (Because of desk clutter) you are making me regret my decision. 

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Talk about teasing. ;)   The night lighting in those pics looks just phenomenal. Looks like you went to LSZH if im not mistaken. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Very nice shots!

Does the phone work?

Would I offend anyone if I said that this is better than sex.....  :P

I've already came 3 times now. 

Very well written. You are definitely adding to the anticipation. Thanks for sharing. As I just got rid of all my speakers in favour of headphones (Because of desk clutter) you are making me regret my decision. 

Mike, a good set of headphones will achieve the same result, plus it means you can crank the volume up to 11 late into the night! :)

Mark Adeane - NZWN

If it is- you must be doing at least one of them wrong.  B)

haha  :P​  I have been trainnig for the 777 , so I always follow the electronic checklist.... :lol:

Thanks for the kind words guys. As we move through beta I'll be sure to add more photos to this post.

Cheers,

Mark Adeane - NZWN

I'll be sure to add more photos to this post.

Could I ask for a shot of sorts?  

If you have time, I'd like to see a set of shots during roll out. Wing view for me.  I don't know why but I love wingview.  People have been asking for spoilers up and landing config.

Your last shots were stunning, and we can't wait for the others.