Sign in to follow this  
PlainandSimplePaints

Overheated Brakes

Now I don't wanna start putting ideas into RSR's head, but will PMDG increase the realism factor even more by charging customers for the replacement of those blown tires and damaged landing gear components?! :P

$10 USD every time you need to replace a tire. A weird, evil version of the extended download service.

$10 USD every time you need to replace a tire. A weird, evil version of the extended download service.

I was thinking more like the actual amount an airline would have to pay, otherwise it wouldn't be realistic. Still on the positive side it would be a lot les than the $165 million PMDG had for the base product on their site! :)

248013_10150273666667049_3547648_a.jpg

Mr Andrew Harrison

It reminds me of a freeware Ilyushin 86 for FS2004, which had this feature with glowing break disks first time implemented.

Nice to see, that finally PMDG picked that up.

Regards, always three greens and happy landings,

Max

Aerospace Engineer and Private Pilot
TriStarbanner_zpsefe0294f.jpg
Flightdiary

So cool! I just wish the same would happen from Hard Landings!! We'd be all having to deal with flat tires sometime!

Alexis Mefano

Are the temperatures/visuals back to front in these screen shots? The coldest tire is at the front on the Lower EICAS, but the visual shows it to be the rear tyre?

C

Hey AJ, whenever you have the time, can you take some closeups on the fan blades/engines in general? Please?

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

Are the temperatures/visuals back to front in these screen shots? The coldest tire is at the front on the Lower EICAS, but the visual shows it to be the rear tyre?

C

Numbers on the outside of the tires are the brake temperatures, the numbers on the inside appear to be tire pressure.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Numbers on the outside of the tires are the brake temperatures, the numbers on the inside appear to be tire pressure.

Yep - The hottest tires are at the back, which is not how it appears externally

Yep - The hottest tires are at the back, which is not how it appears externally

Maybe I missed it, but it didn't look like there was anything wrong with any of the tires externally.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Hi All,

Yea it looks to me that what you see in the picture is reversed in the synoptic. Visually front two wheels are red hot. Third is not.

Synoptic shows back two with highest temp and lowest psi (zero, I guess tires are burst?). And front tire colder and still has psi of 200 odd (so not burst).

Great shots AJ. Loving all the screen shots and info. Gonna be awesome.

Keep them coming.

Cheers

Neil

Would it be possible for someone else to post some pictures, I can't see AJ's unfortunately, just grey squares with photobucket complaining he has used to much bandwidth.

Would it be possible for someone else to post some pictures, I can't see AJ's unfortunately, just grey squares with photobucket complaining he has used to much bandwidth.

Yeah, no kidding.  I think beta testers should post their images at a more professional hosting service.  Like tinyurl, for example.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

Yeah, no kidding.  I think beta testers should post their images at a more professional hosting service.  Like tinyurl, for example.

Open up the image in a separate tab (right click - open in new tab) and you will be able to see the images directly :smile:

When I right click on the image, it just brings up the grey square into the darkened "theater" mode.