Sign in to follow this  
Mean Aerodynamic Chord

TextureMAXLoad... Does it matter?

I currently run at 4096, but I'm wondering if it matters anyways for the VC textures of the NGX or the soon-to-be-released-I-hope 777 and the MD11. Or, is this only for the global environment (clouds, ground, etc.)?

Thanks

I currently run at 4096, but I'm wondering if it matters anyways for the VC textures of the NGX or the soon-to-be-released-I-hope 777 and the MD11. Or, is this only for the global environment (clouds, ground, etc.)?

Thanks

Yes it matters. The NGX does have 4096 textures. This also affects the environment such as terrain, clouds etc. You can have 4096 set and fsx will only use 4096 if those textures are present otherwise it reverts down a level until it finds what textures you have. If you have 4096 textures but want to run lower then you need to specify a lower resolution in the TML on the cfg

Yes it matters. The NGX does have 4096 textures. This also affects the environment such as terrain, clouds etc. You can have 4096 set and fsx will only use 4096 if those textures are present otherwise it reverts down a level until it finds what textures you have. If you have 4096 textures but want to run lower then you need to specify a lower resolution in the TML on the cfg

Alright, thanks.

TextureMaxLoad (under [Display] makes absolutely no difference on my system (supposed to use values that are multiples of 3).

I think linux731 or you are getting mixed up with TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD ... this is under [GRAPHICS] and it determines if 4096 textures are loaded.

TextureMaxLoad (under [Display] makes absolutely no difference on my system (supposed to use values that are multiples of 3).

I think linux731 or you are getting mixed up with TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD ... this is under [GRAPHICS] and it determines if 4096 textures are loaded.

That is obviously what we were talking about....

I thought the PMDG 737 NGX has 2048x2048 textures? The only thing I can recall using 4096 textures are the REX Clouds.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I thought the PMDG 737 NGX has 2048x2048 textures? The only thing I can recall using 4096 textures are the REX Clouds.

Not sure about the NGX, but FSDT's CYVR also utilizes 4096 graphics.

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

with FSDT CYVR you can choose 1024, 2048 or 4096. For me, 2048 seems to be the best compromise. Looks good, and i didn't get any OOM since i lowered my settings to 2048, more then one year ago

The NGX does have 4096 textures ;-)

Run 4096 for PMDG vc but leave rex at 1024.  1024 clouds look fine.  In heavy cloud cover, 4096 will destroy fps and memory.  This has no effect on terrain textures or photoscenery.

Is there a way to set the PMDG 737 to use 2048 or 1024 instead?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I know a variety of my addons use 4096, but to be honest, I see NO difference with 2048. FSDT KLAX uses 4096, and so does my NGX and some McPhat repaints, but I see no difference at least my eyes can catch at 2048. All the detail in the VC of the NGX, ie. smudge marks and all still are clear as day.....kinda looking forward to a 777 that doesn't look like the crew lived in it.... :lol:

I was running 2048 for the longest time and just moved it to 1024 and I can't see any difference.  Remember every time you make any change to your display settings, like change the percentage of AI from 20 to 30%, etc, the CFG will reset this value to 1024 and also change the LOD_Radius to 4.5.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

This setting does not affect the aircraft textures. It will always display the airplane at native resolution. It's just for things like clouds, certain ground scenery etc.

Is there a way to set the PMDG 737 to use 2048 or 1024 instead?

The performance manager can install lower resolution ones but it's probably not worth doing unless you have an incredibly old machine. 4096 is important for clarity when your view is right up next to the textures like it is in the cockpit.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Ryan thanks for clarifying that. So I'll just leave mine at 2048 since that has no effect and the plane will remain using 4096 no matter what.