Sign in to follow this  

Hi all

looking for a bit of advice before I try any of this

currently I have an i7 2700k  oc to 4.7ghz but I have never played around with the voltages.

I've just been reading a thread about a safe vcore for that cpu is 1.45v currently mine is set at 1.152v so I have plenty of room to go up , but I was wondering if I increase the vcore do I have to change the  +12v +5v and +3.3v settings as well currently I have these set at 12.096v 5.0v and 3.328v  I have no real idea what these do so advice would be a great help

Ideally I would like to increase my oc to 4.9 but not sure on changing the voltages

any help would be great

Thanks

Pete Little

First off, dont touch those other volts unless you want a molten mess. Secondly google" overclocking I7 2700K" and read lots before trying. Best place to learn is overclocking forums, but you need to weed out the good advice from the bad,