Sign in to follow this  
Stephen88

Incompatible With VoxATC?

I just bought and downloaded FS2Crew for the Airbus X Extended and encountered the following problem. When I try to bring up the FS2Crew main panel or the Config panel, I instead get my VoxATC panels appearing. When I attempt to use either a Joystick or Keyboard shortcut nothing appears at all. I notice as well that my VoxATC panels are no longer in my instrument panel section of the alt menu. It is as if the FS2Crew panels have overwritten the VoxATC panel names but not the panels themselves. All of the other FS2crew panels are present and working. I have attempted to re-install FS2crew but this has had no effect. This is obviously a big problem as without these panels I cannot even initialise the program.

Thanks for any assistance.

Looks like the Configurator didn't added the FS2Crew entries properly to the panel.cfg with Vox ATC already installed.

Please see the pinned thread (which I'll add in a moment) show what the panel.cfg should have so you can edit or cross check as necessary.

Thanks very much. It turns out that your installer worked fine - everything was there and in order. The problem was that the VoxATC panels had set themselves to Window8 and Window9, the same place that FS2Crew was trying to put the panels. I just went through all the panels renaming VoxATC to window14 and window15 (both in the titles section and in the main panel section) and that solved everything. Now i'm free to enjoy this fantastic product!  :biggrin:

I had the same issue and fixed it the same way!

I guess this only happens if you install VoxATC before FS2Crew.

The Airbus Configurator will dynamically add the entries, so if VOX ATC is already there, it should take that into account and handle it.

Please see this thread.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/415109-this-is-what-your-airbus-panel-cfg-should-like-like/

The configurator is buggy as it apparently does not check what window numbers are in use already and just expects that it can use 8-13.

VoxATC had always placed its windows as Window08 and Window09, and after the configurator was run there were to sets of Window08 and Window09.

The solution was to manually rename VoxATC Window08 to Window14 and VoxATC Window09 to WIndow15 in all the panel.cfg files for the Airbus. 

Helge Rasmussen