Sign in to follow this  
jdwgraf

A320 British Caledonian

Saw the recent topic with the A300 in BCal paintscheme and would like to show this repaint ( intended for the Aerosoft AibusX and Extended ) . Since the release of the AirbusX have busied myself with several repaints , some of which can be found here on AVSIM , the rest on the Aerosoft site .

In my research I came across some ( dated ) photo's of an A320 in BA Landor paintscheme and later discovered that 10 aircraft were originally ordered by British Caledonian and taken over by British Airways after their merger . One of the first aircraft was to be G-BRSA ( re-registered G-BUSB ) and I have come across some pictures , several now appear to have been artist's renderings as some of the aircraft never actually flew in BCal colours and were simply repainted in the Landor paintscheme . There are also reports of a BCal / Air France livery but I have as yet not found any pictures of this . For the BCal and BA liveries will probably make all registrations for the complete series or for the BCal use the French pre-delivery registrations .

On another note I did have some weird search results for one of the BA Landor reg's namely G-BUSH , I have no idea why !

And here a screen of the Landor livery .

John

I like that BCal livery :-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Still a " Work in Progress " at the moment  as I haven't yet found any detailed photo's of the reg placement on the fuselage for the BCal liveries . Also the cheat lines at the rear of the fuselage needs re working ( straight line on a curved surface = distorted pixels ) , from a distance it looks okay  but there are enough " rivet counters " in the flightsim world who look for these things .

John