Sign in to follow this  
ESzczesniak

PMDG 777 Performance - Any comments from beta testers?

I know performance (as in FPS, fluidity in FSX) is a tricky subject and highly variable.  However, can any of the beta testers comments in general on how the T7 is performing on their systems?  I've been expecting it to be roughly similar to the NGX.  Is this true?  Is it better or worse?  Just curious to get a ball park idea.  Thanks for any input from the beta team.

Eric Szczesniak

Eric Szczesniak

I saw one post from a tester saying the performance was slightly better. Which makes sense since PMDG has probably learned a few optimizations since the NGX and there's less geometry and click spots (which are the real killer) in the 777 compared to the 737. 

It is FLUID in a very LIQUID sense....... literally FLUID.  I'm mesmerized :)

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

I saw one post from a tester saying the performance was slightly better. Which makes sense since PMDG has probably learned a few optimizations since the NGX and there's less geometry and click spots (which are the real killer) in the 777 compared to the 737. 

Do you really think that they will advertise that performance is bad.  The only way to be sure is to "Nuke the site from Orbit" :lol:  :P  sorry wrong game (had Aliens on my mind :P )  only way 2 be sure is to run it on your own PC after launch. :good:

All the Beta testers have said they are free to voice any opinion, bad or good.  They would be able to relay on performance.  Everything i have read says it's better than the NGX.

Ian R Tyldesley

Everything i have read says it's better than the NGX.

Thats incredible! You'd think with the T7 being such a bigger aircraft than the NG it would take up more frames.

I guess this little performance boost is the result of some code and programming refinements, as well as the less-cluttered external and cockpit model. 

Well don't forget performance can be very subjective, i will be very happy if it's around the same performance as the NGX / Q400

Ian R Tyldesley

The only way to be sure is to "Nuke the site from Orbit"

Great line, good chuckle, cheers.

spacer.png

Thats incredible! You'd think with the T7 being such a bigger aircraft than the NG it would take up more frames.

There's less "stuff" going on in the cockpit, then the NGX so that would help too.

Lee

Note by stuff I mean buttons etc

There's less "stuff" going on in the cockpit, then the NGX so that would help too.

Lee

Note by stuff I mean buttons etc

Thats true. Not that its needed, but it would be nice to see some sun shades to cover the windows...  ^_^

certainly all of the other testers I have talked to including myself (yes I talk to myself, bad habit I know ;) ), have seen significantly better framerates on their machines than the NGX.

It doesn't mean everyone will see that, PC hardware is such a minefield of variability, but it certainly bodes well!

- Jane Whittaker

certainly all of the other testers I have talked to including myself (yes I talk to myself, bad habit I know ;) ), have seen significantly better framerates on their machines than the NGX.

It doesn't mean everyone will see that, PC hardware is such a minefield of variability, but it certainly bodes well!

Exactly.

I'm getting about the same frames with the 777 as the NGX at FlightBeam's IAD.  Everywhere else, it's the same or better.

Kyle Rodgers

I've got a realatively old rig and I've only seen one slight jitter and that was at the Mega-Heathrow airport on a taxiway... none during approach. Like Carl said, FLUID.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks for the replies.  It's encouraging to expect few problems with the T7 if I can run the NGX with few problems.

Eric Szczesniak

Eric Szczesniak