Sign in to follow this  
buspelle

Help please, the Carenado B200 KingAir or the Flight1...?

I am sorry for going off-topic, but I wanted to pass on a friendly reminder that AVSIM's signature rules have been changed. It is no longer allowed to have the systems specifications in your signature. Please use the "My PC" tab provided in your profile instead. For the full set of rules please see the Forums tab at the top of every forum page or follow this link: http://forum.avsim.net/page/AVSIM%20Pages/sig.html

Thanks for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Interesting... 

Oh well, problem solved. 

Thanks for the heads up.  :ph34r:

Flight 1 if only for the excellent glass cockpit simulation.  Carenado still insists on shipping their birds with their half-baked GPS units based on the awful default ones.  The Flight 1 bird's gps systems are built from the ground up and are mostly fully functioning.  Also, as has been mentioned, the turbo prop modeling is much better in the Flight 1 King Air.

The turboprop is easier on frames.

Carenado still insists on shipping their birds with their half-baked GPS units based on the awful default ones.

I think I mentioned earlier that I am forced to fly the Carenado model due to being in P3D.  I installed the F1Tech GTN750 as a pop up with the screen visible in the GTN530 panel mount (as supplied by C).  While perhaps a little too rough and ready for some tastes I am able to move the GTN750 over to my 2nd monitor and leave it open for the entire flight.  No more junky (IMHO) Carenado GTN530 for me!

Also, I would like to hear about the OP's (or whoever) success with transplanting the air file from C to the Flight1 KA.  I'm still betting it isn't going to work.

I wouldn't mind a patch to get rid of the winglets on the F1 B 200. I want to fly a replica of the Scottish air ambulance and though this is the best looking kingair available, just a little off the mark sadly. Milviz is a 350 so looks too long and has winglets too haha, but the right avionics (PL21)

Guys,

None of the real world B200 pilots who've reported on the Flight1 B200 have complained about excessive ballooning. It's just a fact of life -- flaps exist to increase lift.

Is it pronounced in the F1 King Air? Yes, but it's also pronounced in the real airplane.

Those of us who flew the Aeroworx B200 are well familiar with how hard it was to get that airplane onto the runway. It seemed to float forever. Turns out, that's something that real world King Airs are notorious for.

Is the F1 B200 a perfect simulation? No, but then nothing is. The F1 King Air does get most things right, though, and if you use the techniques advocated by Tom Clements (who has more than 35,000 hours in King Airs), then you'll find out just how good it really is.

The tutorial, by the way, was written with Mr. Clements' techniques in mind.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Is the F1 B200 a perfect simulation? No, but then nothing is. The F1 King Air does get most things right, though, and if you use the techniques advocated by Tom Clements (who has more than 35,000 hours in King Airs), then you'll find out just how good it really is.

The tutorial, by the way, was written with Mr. Clements' techniques in mind.

Tom's book was fantastic. Bought it Ebook as part of my F1 B200 ground school. Loads of good information told in an engaging and easy to follow presentation. Must have with the B200.

Bought the Carenado B200 - instantly regretted it. The fps hit new lows, for the first time ever I saw fps of 2-5 at Burbank in California, running UTX and FTX Global. In the UK with Orbx England, it was far worse than anything I had ever flown before. Terrible fps. What a waste of money!!!

Bought the Carenado B200 - instantly regretted it. The fps hit new lows, for the first time ever I saw fps of 2-5 at Burbank in California, running UTX and FTX Global. In the UK with Orbx England, it was far worse than anything I had ever flown before. Terrible fps. What a waste of money!!!

That

I just tested it by leaving at Burank, using Orbx Global, REX 4 weather, OpusFSX, Utlimate Traffic 2 and in FSX all settings on high except for AI (64% for aircraft in UT2, 15% for ground) and water (low 2x) and I'm constantly hitting my capped frame rate of 30fps and that's with demanding 8xSQ anti-aliasing and 2 x Sparse Grid Supersampling. 

You got 2-5fps? I would even get 10+ fps with a PMDG 737 in a major thunderstorm storm with identical add-ons (incl. REX 4) and pretty high settings on my previous 6 year old system.  I think you're bullshitting us.

@ Paul Elliott

Man, you gotta upgrade that Intel 8086 processor and boost your ram higher than 64k!  I'd go all the way to 128k if I were you. ;)

get the milviz kingair 350i out soon, I have both kingair flight 1 and carenado , this will be steps ahead of the others

No kiddin, it was that bad ... But I am quite happy to concede that something else was wrong. A couple of weeks ago I got a weird glitch, my default Cessna was pulling fps less than ten. After rebooting FSX all was well again. I'lll try the King Air again!

get the milviz kingair 350i out soon

...been 7 months since that post and it's still in Alpha? I don't want to actually pay to become an alpha/beta tester (their early access thing) so does anyone have any updated info about how far it is from a retail release? I dare not ask on the official forum in fear of being beheaded :-)