Sign in to follow this  
Air1

Air Venture 2013

For those that think the Icon 5A is just a cartoon in a Video game. I visited their booth again this year, a lot of interest. I saw a demonstration of the wing folding in action also. To bad there was not time to model the folding in the game/sim.  They say that they would not normally paint the aircraft black ( makes it to hot inside) this paint job in to show off the internal workings. Still beautiful I would say! 

If i remember right it is modeled, just not possible to activate.

There was a thread about in the very beginning of this MSFlight forum.

I`ll search if i have time.

What the **** is that an SDK for Flight?

Moe

That is exactly how they work. If you are interested this is some shots from last years visit. I think I have posted some of these before, like a year ago.

Also, they do have the Microsoft version running on screens in the back of the room on several screens last year and this.

Steve

Thanks very much for the pictures, Steve. I wish them well and hope that they go into production soon. Or as soon as the FAA authorizes the weight increase.

Best regards.

Luis

The weight increase was authorized this week.
Yes, and a new price point of $189,000 with the first production aircraft in 2014. Sure would be fun, dream on.

Steve