Sign in to follow this  
ryanair

FSX crashes UIautomationcore.dll

Okay.  I missed that loaded module 83 in your crash report (and I looked twice for it!).  Glad you found the problem.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim,

yes that was the problem. But now the mission is to fix the CTD with ENB MOD, I don´t know why the d3d9.dll crashes from enb?

Maybe I need to install directx 9 because enb is only compatible with 9er version, but I have the dx 11 on my win 7 64. Do I need to delete it and install dx 9 instead?

Maybe I need to install directx 9 because enb is only compatible with 9er version, but I have the dx 11 on my win 7 64. Do I need to delete it and install dx 9 instead?

FSX is only capable of going to DX10 Preview.  You could have DX15 on your system and the highest level of DirectX you could get would be DX10 Preview.  Most people stay with DX9.  The ENB Mod is notorious for causing CTD's and anomalies (bad textures/graphics).  Most people have removed the D3D9.dll and the enb.ini from the main fsx folder.  A program similar to the ENB mod is SweetFX.  Everyone was enjoying that mod as it replaced the ENB mod but people started getting CTD's and unexplained bad graphics/textures.  Only a very few have gotten ENB or SweetFX to work properly.  Me?  I use a $10 program called Shade.  I heard it is not as good but I don't care.  It works and it does not cause crashes.  The ENB and SweetFX mods hack into one of the DirectX's files.  I think you are only asking for trouble when hacking into a system file so I would avoid it.  DX11 is installed on your system but is backwards compatible to I think DX8.  So, if you run any program that only uses DX9 or DX10, like FSX, you have all the system files there to do that.  Unfortunately FSX will not be able to use anything higher than DX10.  We would need a new engine for FSX and that's not going to happen.  There are a lot of games being released that are DX11 capable.  So, if you want to take full advantage of your video card, you would have to play one of those games.

Here is more information about DirectX http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DirectX .

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks Jim,

allways appreciate your responses.

Well I think Im at the end of my power. I really tried everything, I putted the Dx9 dll into fsx folder also, and started flight with no CTD even by clicking 10 times on menue bar, I was so happy, but second flight crashed again.

I will try SweetFx, but Shade doesnt make bloom effects as enb unfortunately.

I dont want to give up, but I think theres nobody who can run ENB with fsx without crashing.

Has anyone actually figured out WHY  uiautomationcore.dll is an issue.

If one's system does not have uiautomatiuoncore.dll installed  (ie  early XP),  then FSX runs fine without it.    So why is it called an needed  when it is present.

How does FSX even know anything about UIautomationcore.dll,  as I don't believe it even existed, when FSX was released. ?

So, we all just blindly put the Vista copy into the FSX folder,  but does anyone actually know the technical reason why it is needed  at all for FSX, and way the W7 version causes the crashes, while the Vista Version does not. ?

It doesnt crashes uiautomationcore.dll is not the problem! Its enb mod but nobody knows it ;) Try simply delete your 3 enb files from your fsx folder and see theres no CTD anymore!

I am not able to run sweet fx, I did set all settings and also locate the fsx directory, but in game I dont see any differences??

Allright I finally fixed the ENB Crash-problem, 100 % !!! :P

I just tried the newest ENB File from J.V. (ORBX-CEO) " Purple Haze V 2 " and before ending flight with fspassengers I disable enb with Shift+12 and see there no crashes anymore :lol: !!!!!!!

I really gaved up before, there was no hope, but than I finally fixed it! @ all :try it, it should be fine now! I tried it 2 times now and it wont crash anyomore ;)

So the famous ENB Crashes are definately history from today on!

Thanks to me  B)

Could someone please clarify the path for "Main FSX folder"? I am having a disagreement with a fellow simmer on this. Thanks.

Main FSX folder is the folder where you did install fsx , search on windows for fsx and you´ll see the path! If you mean the FSX.config, its on App folder which is a hidden folder that has to be opened.

Could someone please clarify the path for "Main FSX folder"? I am having a disagreement with a fellow simmer on this. Thanks.

The default path is C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X.  But many recommend FSX not be installed in the default folder and installed in a separate folder like C:\FSX or D:\FSX.  They say this will save you from having issues running FSX but I have had mine installed in the default folder forever and have never had any problems.  Many crashes that you see in this forum show individuals had their FSX installed in a non-default directory (there are many with installations in the default folder too).  Here's a better explanation - http://support.precisionmanuals.com/KB/a87/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-fsx.aspx.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Main FSX folder is the folder where you did install fsx , search on windows for fsx and you´ll see the path! If you mean the FSX.config, its on App folder which is a hidden folder that has to be opened.

Thanks....that settled it!

Hi,

everytime when I serve Passengers with hot meal on flight fspax comes with green message " unfortunately you did not buy fspax flight will be aborted"  :angry:

I paid for that on simmarket and he tells me that I did not bought it ?????

Does anyone has a solution for this?

I have the dx 11 on my win 7 64. Do I need to delete it and install dx 9 instead?

NO  - FSX itself installs DirectX 9.0c which is all that it needs.  Deleting DirectX11 would have adverse effects on any other application that needs it.