Sign in to follow this  
Jd_jay

Altimeter cross check incorrect

Just to let you know when the FO read back the altimeter on both occasions during my first flight, instead of saying one zero one six, he read out one zero one five.

Also would just like to thank you and congratulate you on an amazing product one again.

Jay

Jason Dilley

Glad you like it!

In certain occasions the FO will be off on the altimeter in the last digit as you described.

It's because the FS2Crew FO reads the altimeter out of FSX via the SDK, but the Airbus itself may be rounding up/down the altimeter in some instances.

Best

Ok thank you for the reply. Have just done another flight and the baro ref was set to 1020 and the FO said 1019, seems to be one digit off on every flight I make so far

Jason Dilley

I am yes, Rex however I may be switching soon. I take the baro from fsx atis or ATC, even though that always seems to be different to the metar report in aivlasoft efb which is also taking weather from Rex.

So I'm taking it that, the FO does not take what it says from what is set in the aircraft or from what I say.

Jason Dilley

So I'm taking it that, the FO does not take what it says from what is set in the aircraft or from what I say.

Correct, FO reads the altimeter based on the information provided by the Microsoft SDK.  However, the Airbus Altimeter would take its info from the SDK.

I think it's just a rounding issue.

Personally I don't recall experiencing it, though.

But I just hit the "B" key on the keyboard to set the altimeter.

Ok thank you for the reply. Have just done another flight and the baro ref was set to 1020 and the FO said 1019, seems to be one digit off on every flight I make so far

Yes, I've only done one flight so far (busy reading the manual and flows) but this same difference happened to me. I'm using AS2012.

Iain Smith

Same here. Always the FO is off one digit  with his crosscheck. I'm using FSrealWXlite weather tool. I always thought, that if I use a weather addon, the fsx weather is off und replaced by the weather data of the tool....so where the FO get the wrong QNH ?? Using the default FSX weather is no option for me, because of flying online at VATSIM and IVAO .

Please check this out

Fix will be in the next update out probably this weekend

You are very fast with fixes and you do listen to your customers, Bryan.

First class support, I must say!  thumbsup2.gif

I fixed it already... I just rounded the number up.

Fix will be in the next update out probably this weekend.

Cheers,

I can confirm that it works like a charm, Bryan, did you look into the other issue I mentioned later in the reporting email?

Jay

Jason Dilley

You mean about the Wing lights?

Yes, however since sleeping on it I'm actually wondering if I'm misunderstanding what they are, and are not the red and green tip lights,

Jason Dilley