Sign in to follow this  
Purr

Ngx changes from 777 code/features?

Hi everyone

I know everyone is fretting in anticipation of the 777 (me too!!) but I love the Ngx so much and occasionally pick up vague references to some of the code / functionality improvements of the 777 will be back implemented to the Ngx (? Sp2).

Are there any specifics on what this might mean? In particular I am hoping for a slight bump in performance / fps but not sure if this is likely. Also will there actually be an sp2? I don't see a y mention in the roadmap as far as if/when.

Thanks

Alex M

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

Good question, I seem to recall reading somewhere that the next NGX patch would come after the 777 was out and it would integrate the improvements of the 777.

Would be great to find out if this is still the case or is the NGX considered a completed product.

Ryan recently confirmed in another thread that the NGX is going to get some of the 777's technical upgrades in SP2. Not sure which features will be carried over, but the NGX has not been forgotten.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/413514-13jul13-nifty-little-feature-in-the-777/?p=2714923

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/413514-13jul13-nifty-little-feature-in-the-777/?p=2714951

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

I hope they stay focused on the 747 after this. :)

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

but the NGX has not been forgotten.

Judging by the numbers, NGX has been their biggest hit by far. NGX makes so much sense for sim enthusiasts as it is juicy in terms of complexity, systems and automation all wrapped up in a narrow body shorthaul package with enough variants and options to keep everybody challenged. I imagine that PMDG will see the sense in keeping NGX or future version of the simulation of the NG and MAX going as a company staple B)