Sign in to follow this  
aobt14

Mesh / Elevation

Hey everyone,

I have FS Global installed for my mesh and it seems that alot of my FSX default airports are still at the wrong elevation. I took the picture below of an approach into Aspen, CO as an example. Is there any way to get the proper elevation settings into these airports while still allowing all the approaches/navaids to function properly?

Thanks

Two points, mesh will not change an airport elevation.

FS Airports have to be flat, or at least they have to for AI to work.

What does the other end of the runway look like?

If you want to change the airport elevation, you can do so with ADEX.

Navaids associated with the airport will move with it. As for the approaches, I doubt you will change the airport elevation enough for it to matter.

ADEX is available here- http://www.airportdesigneditor.co.uk/

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Mesh causes airports to either sit on plateaus or in trenches. In this case it is on a plateau.

There are utilities that will allow you to modify the airport altitude, but you need to do one airport at a time.

Sorry, but I cannot come up with the name of the most used utility that people use.

FS Global should have come with an application called AFM - Aerodrome Flattening Meshes.  It's purpose is to let FS Global users fix what you are experiencing. 

I've never used it or ADEX to fix an airport, so I can't tell you which is easier or better.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem