Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Weird tribal music while parked at the airport

I am using FSDT's Honolulu airport, but today for the first time I noticed some strange tribal music being played while my plane is at a cold & dark state at the airport gates and I can't figure out where it's coming from.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Strange?

Better get that before start checklist going, they might come get you for a sacrafice to the volcano!

lolz, seriously guys I have no idea where it's coming from. I have turned down the environment sound slider in FSX and it goes away. So I narrowed it down that much.

Here's a video of the sound I was talking about.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I had the volume slider all the way up to hear your music. If Windows had 'ding'd' in between, my household would be in ruins. But I could hear it too, never heard it in the sim though.

Must admit, I wouldn't even know how to dance to that. :blush:

Yup, this is really bothering me. I'm not sure where it's coming from.

Since it's FSDT, did you ask over there? I don't recall it from my PHNL but maybe Umberto has something attached, a sound trigger or something. Do you have other Hawaiian stuff installed? Some freeware maybe which could include environmental sound files?

Or do you have some addons for cabin sounds which go off with every plane? Just guessing, Aaron. :unsure:

Contact FSDT, I'm assuming that it's some kind of ambience added into their scenery that probably can be toggled. Otherwise, browse through your FSX folder for the wav file in question and move it.

Have you installed any other Oahu scenery as some of the freeware has that Hawaiian chanting music I think the file is called mm Oahu V1

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

Why do developers add weird sounds (if that's what it is) to sceneries? At Gibraltar in the VC with the engines running and the windows closed all you can hear are bloody seagulls. And in the not yet released ES Isle of Man you taxi the holding point and all you can hear is the crashing of waves. In a Q400 with engines running? Er. It's a nice touch but it's totally unrealistic. Stop it, developers.

Why do developers add weird sounds (if that's what it is) to sceneries? At Gibraltar in the VC with the engines running and the windows closed all you can hear are bloody seagulls. And in the not yet released ES Isle of Man you taxi the holding point and all you can hear is the crashing of waves. In a Q400 with engines running? Er. It's a nice touch but it's totally unrealistic. Stop it, developers.

Well for GA flying cold start its a nice touch...at least I think so...unfortunately when you start up there is no way to automatically link that to the sound effect file to shut if off...too back actually.

If those sounds do bother you, its a easy matter to go to the scenery installation folder and remove "sound.XXX" out those sounds.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Have you installed any other Oahu scenery as some of the freeware has that Hawaiian chanting music I think the file is called mm Oahu V1

Ahh I think that is it! I did install a few oahu hawaiian scenery from library.avsim.net that goes on top of my megascenery hawaii. Thats where the music is probably coming from. I remember a few files starting with MM. Thanks for pointing that out.

update: okay confirmed, it is a file called mm_chant.wav that got installed with the mm_oahu_v1 scenery from here. Thanks FreeBird for the help!