Sign in to follow this  
jetsflier

Project Airbus A380 Review

Project Airbus A380 Freeware Review

The A380 – the King of the Skies. Rendered extremely well by the folks over at Project Airbus (http://www.pafs.wf/) and found right in our library. An add-on built for both FSX and FS2004, this is freeware you wouldn’t want to miss!
Base File (Air France Livery): http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=155704

Installation
This aircraft has to be manually installed, like most freeware aircraft do. But it’s relatively simple. Just extract the file you downloaded, and find the folder and place it into your C:\\...\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes folder!

Exterior Model
The rendering of this aircraft is absolutely splendid. The realism level in the model of this aircraft is very high. But don’t just listen to my loaded words, see some pictures, and you’ll agree with me!

^Beautiful Rolls Royce Engine rendered beautifully.^

^Textures are done very well, with no shimmering or loss of texture beauty!^

^Main landing gear image.^

^Wing and aft fuselage.^

^Beautiful head-on image.^

Interior Model
In this case, we CAN judge a book by its cover. The Project Airbus A380 looks just as beautiful inside as it does outside. There’s even a virtual cabin to accompany it! Since the aircraft I downloaded has the virtual cabin, it does NOT have a virtual cockpit. It has the standard B747 cockpit from Microsoft’s 747-400 model. But, with the virtual cabin, you are placed right in a business class pod, with an extraordinary view.

^ICE System^

^Virtual Cabin View^

^View out the Window^

Flying Dynamics
What good does a great model do you if the aircraft doesn’t fly correctly? Well,  this is a question that won’t come into your head for even a second after takeoff. The aircraft feels heavy, as it should, but is very easy to hand fly. Each user has their own opinion about how the aircraft should feel, which is just another reason why you should try this aircraft out for yourself!

^Very crummy takeoff - the A380 is a bit camera shy!^

^Off to the destination^

Control Surface Movements
The spoilers deploy quite nicely, the flaps extend and retract in a normal fashion. Finally, the landing gear extension and retraction looks beautiful. Here are some pictures, so you can be as convinced as me!

^Extending the landing gear.^

^Flaps fully extended along with a right turn to see the control surfaces.^

^Spoilers fully extended.^

Conclusion
There honestly is no reason not to pick up this aircraft if you enjoy flying heavy metal. The aircraft is built for those who care about all of the eye candy they can get, with the very detailed exterior model and virtual cabin offering. Plus, since it’s free, you can try out risk free! There are many liveries available too.

Thanks for viewing. This is my first ever FSX review and I would love any kind of feedback as long as it is constructive. I'm always available to private message as well, so let me know.
  • Upvote 3

I love it this aircraft to, no good payware A380's to counter it.

Thanks for the reply - glad to find people reading it so quickly :)

This aircraft has a VC..? I'm a old flight simmer (7 years flying) - - (1 year in real life) and somehow I don't know about a VC for this aircraft in FSX?

This aircraft has a VC..?

Go take a look at the PA forums. There a380 has a VC, and the upcoming a330 and a340 will have one also.

Go take a look at the PA forums. There a380 has a VC, and the upcoming a330 and a340 will have one also.

I stated somewhere in there I think that I know it has a VC but the model I picked up didn't have one, and I couldn't find where one would be for download.

Same for me Jetsflier. I've heard of a VC for it but I've never found a D/L with it. I can't wait for there A330/A340 series... I want to compare it to the Thomas Ruth aircrafts!

Nice review mate! I have this one, but frankly, it has a very serious AP problem. It goes crazy once u activate AP. However, I combined it with Overland a380' panel...works like a charm. Oh yeah, and I have the VC version, never knew there's a virtual cabin model, will check out. 

Whoops, it seems I'm gettin' senile, forget what I got in my hangar. The PA A380 I've got, has a VC and a cabin as well.

And here's the VC:

• Upvote 2

No FMC! :(

It has an optional vasFMC capability from what I've read.

Folks, is there anything else you'd like me to review, I'm all ears!

Take it easy flier, don't eat all the cake, hehehehe...

Oh don't worry I won't! My preliminary plan is to put out a new review every saturday but we'll see if that will work!