Sign in to follow this  
jetsflier

Project Airbus A380 Review

Great report, I really like this new forum addition !

Thanks Jeremy......

MSFS2020

MICHAEL J     proud supporter

KJAX   FLORIDA

Great report, I really like this new forum addition !

Thanks Jeremy......

Not a problem. I plan to have one review out per week.

Excellent screengrabs.

Perhaps a standard format for these reviews would help? Help reviewer and reader that is?  That is a list of headings to address specific areas, External Model, Cockpit, Flight Model, Instrumentation, Navigation etc.etc.  If we took the same aspect of each model then it would highlight strengths and weaknesses and folk aware of alternative modifications or "aliases" (cockpits, tweaked physics etc. etc.) could post links.

Also could the reviews contain links to the specific models and components reviewed as there are many versions of most aircraft out there?

However big or small aircraft are they all have the same features?  Just different levels of scale and complexity.

I think this section is a great idea and look forward to a regular read.  Only reservation is the "NEW" bit.  In the virtual world new isn't always best?

Geoff

Geoff Brown

Excellent screengrabs.

Perhaps a standard format for these reviews would help? Help reviewer and reader that is?  That is a list of headings to address specific areas, External Model, Cockpit, Flight Model, Instrumentation, Navigation etc.etc.  If we took the same aspect of each model then it would highlight strengths and weaknesses and folk aware of alternative modifications or "aliases" (cockpits, tweaked physics etc. etc.) could post links.

Also could the reviews contain links to the specific models and components reviewed as there are many versions of most aircraft out there?

However big or small aircraft are they all have the same features?  Just different levels of scale and complexity.

I think this section is a great idea and look forward to a regular read.  Only reservation is the "NEW" bit.  In the virtual world new isn't always best?

Geoff

Thanks for the tips. I do agree with you there should be a standard format for these reviews so the information is constant. I'm not doing only aircraft, scenery, and utilities will also be reviewed down the road.

Thanks for the tips. I do agree with you there should be a standard format for these reviews so the information is constant. I'm not doing only aircraft, scenery, and utilities will also be reviewed down the road.

Hi Jeremy,

It might be worth a thread asking what aspects of each folk are interested in?  Suggestions from the wider community should make "headings" for "sections" of each type of upload pretty comprehensive?

If reviews followed a "Pro Forma" format then the headings would act as "Memo's" to the reviewer and make comparisons between like uploads easier?  If there is no feedback for a section it could be left blank or a comment as to why that aspect wasn't tested or relevant posted.

You're quite right though because folk upload ALL SORTS of useful stuff for the Sim.  Most of my "input" has been for Train Sims but the same considerations apply for flight sims.

I'd also suggest that the reviews were in the sections for the specific SIM?  X-Plane, FSX etc.etc.

:lol: ...sound really organised don't I ?!  .......but in reality...... ^_^

Keep up the good work.

Hope I can contribute but trying to move house right now so rather preoccupied... :smile:

Geoff

Geoff Brown

Hi Jeremy,

It might be worth a thread asking what aspects of each folk are interested in?  Suggestions from the wider community should make "headings" for "sections" of each type of upload pretty comprehensive?

If reviews followed a "Pro Forma" format then the headings would act as "Memo's" to the reviewer and make comparisons between like uploads easier?  If there is no feedback for a section it could be left blank or a comment as to why that aspect wasn't tested or relevant posted.

You're quite right though because folk upload ALL SORTS of useful stuff for the Sim.  Most of my "input" has been for Train Sims but the same considerations apply for flight sims.

I'd also suggest that the reviews were in the sections for the specific SIM?  X-Plane, FSX etc.etc.

:lol: ...sound really organised don't I ?!  .......but in reality...... ^_^

Keep up the good work.

Hope I can contribute but trying to move house right now so rather preoccupied... :smile:

Geoff

It's very much appreciated Geoff! I only have Microsoft FSX and so that is the only platform I will be reviewing freeware for, I might have to look into other Flight Sims as well. I'll create a thread soon asking what the most interesting freeware to people are, so that way my reviews are hand-made for this community.

I'd like to have go grab this, since I don't have an A380. I like that they put in a VC. 

But about that FMC, that is pretty important to me. I might actually spend some time with this AC if I could find out more about getting the FMC in it.

Folks, I would like to apologize for not having a review out last week! Furthermore, I would like to apologize for not getting a review out this week, it's computer re-configuration time!

I see in the review is the F-HPJA AF A380. I downloaded (file size 8.688 KB) but there is no VC. I looked into PA site but points back to AVSIM in the same file I downloaded.

I 'navigated' inside the cabin but still no VC :(

Sam. 

Waiting for the 64-bit PSION Flightsim for ZX-Spectrum ////

I might merge it with Wilco A380 and airbus evol

If you successfully do this, let me know... :)

Well, it looks great externally but I just cannot get any internal views to appear, if anyone has an idiots guide it would be much appreciated, I'd really like to insert a VC if possible.

I downloaded the standalone package (both 'airbus' and 'airbus Farnborough special', and also the base package.

I tried each one, and tried merging files, and renaming some model and panel folders, but could not get any internal views.

I'm a bit lost as to what actually make the internal views visible.

I keep seeing the term VC here. What does it mean?

By the way is there a guide to install this add on in FSX?

VC=Virtual Cockpit, or 3D cockpit. 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020