Sign in to follow this  
maukro_1990

Question for the Beta´s: How much passengers can the PMDG 777LR carry?

Hello, 

i´ve got a question for the test pilots! The Boeing 777-200LR can carry up to 301 passengers in real life. Is it possible to carry 301 passengers with the PMDG 777LR? Which seating configurations are possible (three class or two class etc.)? 

It would be very nice if someone could give me an anwer. 

Hello, 

i´ve got a question for the test pilots! The Boeing 777-200LR can carry up to 301 passengers in real life. Is it possible to carry 301 passengers with the PMDG 777LR? Which seating configurations are possible (three class or two class etc.)? 

It would be very nice if someone could give me an anwer. 

It is after all modelled after a real 777-200LR.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

It is after all modelled after a real 777-200LR.

Nice to hear! But another Beta tester told me that by default, it´s only possible to carry 14 First class, 48 Business Class and 172 Economy Class passengers in the PMDG T7 LR. Is there any option to change this? I mean in the NGX there was an option to change the seating configuration to single class. So it was able to carry about 174 passengers. 

It´s important for me because 234 Passengers in a Boeing 777-200LR is very few for a big airplane, isn´t it? 

I do not see an option to change it from 14/48/172, but as I always say, weight is weight.  20,000 pounds of people is the same as 20,000 pounds of lead weights.  If you can't set your exact airline's config, just enter the equivalent weight, instead, and it'll behave just the same.

Kyle Rodgers

Nice to hear! But another Beta tester told me that by default, it´s only possible to carry 14 First class, 48 Business Class and 172 Economy Class passengers in the PMDG T7 LR. Is there any option to change this? I mean in the NGX there was an option to change the seating configuration to single class. So it was able to carry about 174 passengers. 

It´s important for me because 234 Passengers in a Boeing 777-200LR is very few for a big airplane, isn´t it? 

Not trying to act smart but its an easy option to make so 90% implemented :D or maybe not but as kyle said, just add the weight :) 

Moe ELkarout

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I do not see an option to change it from 14/48/172, but as I always say, weight is weight.  20,000 pounds of people is the same as 20,000 pounds of lead weights.  If you can't set your exact airline's config, just enter the equivalent weight, instead, and it'll behave just the same.

Thank you for this answer! Ok. And there is really no option like in ngx? I mean the PMDG T7 will be my dream aircraft and it´s not a big problem for me because it´s like you said: Weight is weight. But i don´t really undertand the 14/48/172 because even delta carry up to 293 passengers with this airplane. Maybe more possible configurations in the FMC settings would be great. 

Not trying to act smart but its an easy option to make so 90% implemented :D or maybe not but as kyle said, just add the weight :) 

Yeah, but i think it would be better if PMDG just set a maximum of passengers in the fmc payload page (301 passengers for example), and everyone could choose the wanted value. 

Thank you for this answer!

You're welcome.  Here's a pic:

FMCPayload.JPG

But i don´t really undertand the 14/48/172 because even delta carry up to 293 passengers with this airplane. Maybe more possible configurations in the FMC settings would be great. 

Researching every possible combination would take a lot of time, and then down the road it may change anyway.  Beyond that, even the same fleets have different layouts, which makes it even more difficult.  I'd argue it's just too time consuming to add much value, because as I mentioned earlier, weight is weight.

...one type of weight complains more, though.

Kyle Rodgers

I think even beyond weight changing those numbers would change the CG, and would impact the Zero fuel Weight too, I guess two aircraft with a different seat configuration won't share the same ZFW, just the seat weight would change. Looks too much too complex to do, as well as how to put limit on those numbers, how would you determine what is possible as configuration or not. I think as always they studied a specific aircraft and matched that aircraft.

20,000 pounds of people is the same as 20,000 pounds of lead weights.

Yeah but I wouldn't want to be the poor sucker who's gotta put all those lead weights at their proper arm lengths for W&B...

Elijah Hoyt
747ST.jpg
CFI, CFII, CMEL, CSEL, CSES, IFR

Yeah but I wouldn't want to be the poor sucker who's gotta put all those lead weights at their proper arm lengths for W&B...

Having loaded bags onto planes for several years, no, I wouldn't want to be that guy...not at all.

I'm pretty sure some of the foreign travelers who used our airline packed lead, particularly from a specific location on the globe (with weird plastic luggage, too), but in order to not sound rude (for once), I'll just leave it at that.

Kyle Rodgers

You're welcome.  Here's a pic:

FMCPayload.JPG

Researching every possible combination would take a lot of time, and then down the road it may change anyway.  Beyond that, even the same fleets have different layouts, which makes it even more difficult.  I'd argue it's just too time consuming to add much value, because as I mentioned earlier, weight is weight.

...one type of weight complains more, though.

WOW...thank you for this picture...! Ok, i can deal with it ;)... it´s not really a big problem for me. The only thing i have to find out is the weight per passenger. In the PMDG Boeing 747, every passenger had a weight of 150 lbs. Maybe the same in the 777LR. 

The passenger configuration does seem very low. The Boeing website says a typical 3 class configuration is 301 people.

I'm pretty sure some of the foreign travelers who used our airline packed lead, particularly from a specific location on the globe (with weird plastic luggage, too), but in order to not sound rude (for once), I'll just leave it at that.

I think I may know what you're talking about, but yeah we'll leave it haha.

Elijah Hoyt
747ST.jpg
CFI, CFII, CMEL, CSEL, CSES, IFR

WOW...thank you for this picture...! Ok, i can deal with it ;)... it´s not really a big problem for me. The only thing i have to find out is the weight per passenger. In the PMDG Boeing 747, every passenger had a weight of 150 lbs. Maybe the same in the 777LR. 

Sir, 

i hope i´m not anoying you but maybe there is an option in the aircraft options in the fmc like in the ngx ? It was possible to choose between a single class or a two class configuration in the NGX: Maybe there´s an option like this in the PMDG 777LR ? This is the last question^^

WOW...thank you for this picture...!

You're welcome!

Maybe there´s an option like this in the PMDG 777LR ? This is the last question^^

Nope.  I didn't see any options in the Options or Setup menus to do so.

Kyle Rodgers