Sign in to follow this  
maukro_1990

Question for the Beta´s: How much passengers can the PMDG 777LR carry?

The passenger configuration does seem very low. The Boeing website says a typical 3 class configuration is 301 people.

Yes! I found a seating map of the boeing suggested boeing configuration. Maybe pmdg should use this configuration. But if it´s hard to change, PMDG should not change this. But it would be cool! I hope there would not be a delay^^. 

Here is the Boeing suggested config: 

You can see that Boeing suggested a 16/58/227 configuration (301 passengers). Ok: There is not much space for the legs but hey, you have to be hard in the world^^...! 

Just adding extra weight is a bit disappointing for me as I like to try and accurately simulate passenger loads and baggage. Adding weight is like economy/coach class passengers being allowed 4 cases each at checkin lol

Just adding extra weight is a bit disappointing for me as I like to try and accurately simulate passenger loads and baggage. Adding weight is like economy/coach class passengers being allowed 4 cases each at checkin lol

Eh...you can't let obsessive compulsions get in the way of your enjoyment, really.  Like I said, weight is weight.  It'll feel the same up front.  The only hang up for people is the obsessive attention to detail that our hobby seems to have.  While it's great in some areas, it goes a little too far in others.  Again, listing every single possible passenger loadout would be nearly impossible, and would provide little benefit.

Everyone realises that airlines are the ones who determine what loadouts are used in their aircraft, right?  It's not Boeing, and it changes all the time even within airlines.  Heck, i think United alone has 2 or 3 different 777 layouts, not to mention 3 or so 767 layouts.

Kyle Rodgers

Eh...you can't let obsessive compulsions get in the way of your enjoyment, really. Like I said, weight is weight. It'll feel the same up front. The only hang up for people is the obsessive attention to detail that our hobby seems to have. While it's great in some areas, it goes a little too far in others. Again, listing every single possible passenger loadout would be nearly impossible, and would provide little benefit.

Everyone realises that airlines are the ones who determine what loadouts are used in their aircraft, right? It's not Boeing, and it changes all the time even within airlines. Heck, i think United alone has 2 or 3 different 777 layouts, not to mention 3 or so 767 layouts.

Eh...you can't let obsessive compulsions get in the way of your enjoyment, really.  Like I said, weight is weight.  It'll feel the same up front.  The only hang up for people is the obsessive attention to detail that our hobby seems to have.  While it's great in some areas, it goes a little too far in others.  Again, listing every single possible passenger loadout would be nearly impossible, and would provide little benefit.

Everyone realises that airlines are the ones who determine what loadouts are used in their aircraft, right?  It's not Boeing, and it changes all the time even within airlines.  Heck, i think United alone has 2 or 3 different 777 layouts, not to mention 3 or so 767 layouts.

Yes, i see! But this is the reason the best way is to set the boeing suggested configuration to the default config (The pic i attached). I mean so we have a maximum of 301 passengers and mostly all configurations are possible bacause you can vary with the 16/58/227. 

But it´s like i said: Not a big problem for me! But it would be interesting what pmdg would say to my suggestion^^. 

I agree it's impossible to simulate every possible configuration.

Would just like to have seen a layout nearer the 300 people mark. Though I haven't done any research myself yet,I was wondering what the operators of the aircraft in the real world have their passenger seating layouts at

Of course there are more important things, but maybe pmdg can change these values? Maybe it´s not a big deal for them. 

How do you know we won't get a pax capacity of 300+ on some livery variations?  With the NGX when you downloaded a certain airline paint, the plane would come set with it's company options.  Who knows what we will get this time?  Not even the beta team knows yet.  

Just wait.  

Having different configurations could be an ordeal. Here's how I load my NGX:

I use TOPCAT to get my payload and ZFW figure, I set my passenger weight to 85kgs.I get the ZFW figure in tonnes and enter that into the Right Select Key 2 in the payload page, and the weight gets distributed across the cabin and the cargo bays.

In my opinion this is all we need to do, as it doesn't matter where your imaginary passengers are seated.

You will be spending your time with immersion into detail and systems that will make things like how many passengers to load look pity in comparison.

Even though the number of maximum pax is quite low, I assume we can still fill up the aircraft all the way up to its Maximum Zero Fuel Weight with freight, right?

The 777 I am familiar with have:

MZFM 195.044 KG (430000 lbs)

MTOM 294.835 KG (650000 lbs)

or

MZFM 199.580 KG (440000 lbs)

MTOM 294.835 KG (650000 lbs)

I see 768.000lbs as max TO weight in your FMC!

Thats a lot!

Is this with 90.000lbs engines or 110.000?

thx

Rob Robson

This is an issue we have had to live with on the NGX. With the price of fuel getting higher and higher, even the majors are increasing the pax numbers. I would rather have it set to the max number of pax for the aircraft model and then have the option to reduce the total pax numbers if I wish. We really have a very detailed model here and surely this is not beyond what can reasonably be modelled. Just my thoughts and I do stand to be corrected.

What difference would it make then?

In my opinion, PMDG went the optimum way doing this, as not only seating configuration varies from one airliner to the other, but even passenger default weight, default baggage per pax.

Giving you the option to have your own ZFW defined and entered is good judgement.

After all, when you receive the RW flightplan, the only number you're going to use is the ZFW.

If things like how many pax the fmc shows you, or does the tiolet flush realistically in the T777 are of utmost importance, then captain sim is definitely for you!

Interesting thread. I think it is important to point out though that the Boeing images of seating capacity provided indicate a 2-2 first class, and a 2-3-2 business class configuration. Most airlines these days that have a 3 class configuration have MANY fewer seats. Emirates (for example) operates a 3-class 77L and has 1-2-1 first class, a similar business class. Even DL's 77L's have a 1-2-1 BusinessElite seating config. ... My point being that that 301 pax figure may be slightly outdated. Still, I can see that it would be nice to have that ability in the menu to change it.

Best regards, happy flying,

Wallace

Delta's 77L seats 45 business and 224 economy (which includes economy comfort which has greater spacing) for a total of 269 seats. PMDG having it at 234 is a little to low I think. So far that is one thing I would like them to change prior to release. 234 seems more like 767 type capacity.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Eric 

Delta's 77L seats 45 business and 224 economy (which includes economy comfort which has greater spacing) for a total of 269 seats. PMDG having it at 234 is a little to low I think. So far that is one thing I would like them to change prior to release. 234 seems more like 767 type capacity.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 2

...but that's without a First Class, which means you lose the low density seating, so yeah, it's definitely going to be low.

Remember that this is the LR, too.  While, yes, it can certainly be used for density, it's made for range, and to get that range, you generally have to sacrifice weight (and therefore seats).

Just because the 747-400 is used by a few Asian carriers as a gigantic bus packed full of people doesn't mean that everyone else's capacities are "low."

Again:

If you want more "people" than are allowed by the breakdown, just add them as weight.  The FAA standard is about 170 per person (averaged between males and females).  I can put 200 people back there, or tie 34 cows back there and the plane will behave the same.

Weight is weight.  It seems that people's own obsessive compulsions about the passenger numbers are getting in their way.  The pax numbers are just there if that's easier for you.  If you don't like it, use another method like ZFW.  A full Delta loadout is 45730 using standard weights.  That plus however many bags and - boom! - it's just like you had a Delta loadout instead.

Kyle Rodgers