Sign in to follow this  
strider1

Strange sounds heard around the world !

I ran across this video on YouTube. What do you think ? Hoax, real, etc... 

http://youtu.be/gM5EGmmI1XQ

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Nearly all of those stories have turned out to be fake. On a slightly related note, has anyone ever heard that strange sound phenomenon from Jet aircraft flying over a city? it sounds nothing like an aircraft engine.

I had always kept it to myself until I came across a lengthy post on the tech log a few years back over on pprune, it sounds like a star wars light saber but in slow motion and only lasts for a second or two, quite difficult to explain and very strange, It only occurs in certain spots around London, one of which is not too far from my house.

I always put it down to sound reflecting of buildings and surrounding terrain, but it seems like the terrain must be shaped in a certain way for it to occur otherwise I would hear it much more often in the UK.

Edit - Wow, just found another answer online, seems the sound is down to the wake vortex hitting the ground after the aircraft flys overhead on approach to heathrow http://www.pprune.org/archive/index.php/t-438466.html

Amazing sound if you haven't heard it, sounds alien!

Rob Prest

light saber but in slow motion and only lasts for a second or two, quite difficult to explain and very strange, It only occurs in certain spots around London, one of which is not too far from my house.

I have an AB UPS A300 that flys over the farm at about 6 0r 7000 ft. , depending on KDSM landing N or S. It makes that same sound. I assumed it was the high bypass Fanjet engine at a given RPM.

Guys, I do this for a living. and I'm telling you that I have every single one of these sounds in my sound effects library at work. Or. .if I don't, then I can easily create it.

Also, don't believe everything you SEE on youtube. Those things can be created too.

Guys, I do this for a living. and I'm telling you that I have every single one of these sounds in my sound effects library at work. Or. .if I don't, then I can easily create it.

Also, don't believe everything you SEE on youtube. Those things can be created too.

And I have seen stuff on HARP....it's for the gullible. They love that kind of conspiracy, it captures their imaginations.....

Hoax.

Yes.

Nearly all of those stories have turned out to be fake. On a slightly related note, has anyone ever heard that strange sound phenomenon from Jet aircraft flying over a city? it sounds nothing like an aircraft engine.

I had always kept it to myself until I came across a lengthy post on the tech log a few years back over on pprune, it sounds like a star wars light saber but in slow motion and only lasts for a second or two, quite difficult to explain and very strange, It only occurs in certain spots around London, one of which is not too far from my house.

I always put it down to sound reflecting of buildings and surrounding terrain, but it seems like the terrain must be shaped in a certain way for it to occur otherwise I would hear it much more often in the UK.

Edit - Wow, just found another answer online, seems the sound is down to the wake vortex hitting the ground after the aircraft flys overhead on approach to heathrow http://www.pprune.org/archive/index.php/t-438466.html

Amazing sound if you haven't heard it, sounds alien!

Is this that kind of howling sound? This sound I have only noticed comes from the A320 family. Our new soundpack for FSX simulates this sound. It starts from about 15:30.  

Is this it?

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

Hi,

Tried to have a listen on my iPhone, am actually sat in heathrow T4 waiting for a flight to Doha, so not exactly the best place!

Will try and pick up some cheap headphones or have a listen when I arrive tomorrow.

Rob Prest

This actually proven to be a hoax, they all have identical sound tracks in the background. It's actually a sound effect found in some video editing program (like final cut pro or something). They also use this sound effect in the well known movie Red State http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySIHIDlp39Y

I could go to a Guitar Center or something and find that same exact soundpatch on a keyboard...Haha