I have been unable to find the search button, please point it out for an evidently blind guy. 

Meanwhile, I have been given a Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel Controller, my other controllers are CH Products.  I would really like to use this item but am having difficulties (read impossibilities) in getting  it to recognize the correct input axis.  I have deleted the trim controls (buttons and keyboard inputs) for my yoke but when I go through the process of getting the trim wheel recognized as the trim controller it ends up recognizing the X-axis (ailerons) only.  Ideas??

Again, sorry for not being able to find the search box, I know it's there, I've used it before.

I have been unable to find the search button, please point it out for an evidently blind guy.

I couldn't resist Dan. 

ho3mj.jpg

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Control axes\ select the trim wheel from the drop down, fourth item down is 'Elevator trim axis'. Change/New assignment (can't remember which) and you have to spin your trim wheel quite a lot until it is recognised.

That, as far as I can remember,(quite a feat these days!) is that.

You'll love it when you get it going. :smile:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Dan make sure you loaded saitek driver and here is a shot of what it should look like, oh you have to roll the trim wheel when in the trim axis window for it to take.

PS: I have to rock it up and down before it will kick in not sure why pain in the arse - anyone know how to fix this I am all ears.

25qggv9.jpg

Rich Sennett

I have deleted the trim controls (buttons and keyboard inputs) for my yoke

No need to do that.  I use the trim wheel along with the yoke buttons.  I use FSUIPC for all of my axis settings and buttons.

Can a trim wheel be used as a steering tiller by chance?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

Suddenly I am overwhelmed (well, perhaps simply "whelmed" might be more accurate) with help.  Geez Firehawk44, I thought that was...well I don't know what I thought that was for.  

I got it up and running in fine style once I D/L'ed the Saitek driver and am really loving the new precise trim, and yeah, it has to be rocked to get kicked into gear.  Seems that is the normal for it.  Still, it's a great piece of hardware and a wonderful addition for a hand flyer.

Ron Atwood, your computer must be related to mine, except mine has fans and red lights.  Which makes for better frame rates I'm now wondering??

Ouch!  The Saitek drivers isn't needed for the trim wheel, TPM, or rudder pedals, etc.  Just extra stuff running in the background. 

Control settings should find it just fine, but it usually takes a few spins of the wheel before it registers. 

Anyway, glad that you've got it up and running. It's a great little addon.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Would you mind telling me how this stuff works without the driver as I have tried it and it does not work without the driver on my machine

Rich Sennett

Would you mind telling me how this stuff works without the driver as I have tried it and it does not work without the driver on my machine

+1. 

It needs a driver of some kind, period.  if airernie got it running without the Saitek driver he was running on the Windows driver (it installs the first time you plug the trim wheel--or any other controller-into a USB port).  I couldn't get it running without the Saitek driver, and yes, I watched the Windows driver install.  Or is he running through FSUIPC??  I know nothing about assigning it that way but I'm betting it still needs a driver of some kind.

Mine would not pick up the Windows driver but got up and running in minutes using the Saitek one.

I just plugged and played. I didn't load any driver. I had to spin it a few times for it start working.

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

The Windows driver installs automatically Josh.  You don't have to "do" anything.  You have to spin the wheel a few times even when using the Saitek driver

Re my last above, of course, assigning through FSUIPC still needs a driver.

"up and running in minutes using the Saitek one"  -  that's it Dan also keep in mind i am running a lot of Saitek hardware including cessna pro yoke driver must be loaded windows does not cover all of these components impossible.

Rich Sennett