Sign in to follow this  
dragonair

SBGR 27R ILS problems

I use PMDG 747 and 737, when landing at SBGR 27R, cannot capture the LOC. Anyone have the same problems?

I use default SBGR and Airac 1307.

Yep, always need to be mindful that the frequency displayed in the Approach page is being pulled from the navdata, and not from FSX which is where your radios are trying to tune to.

Easiest way is to just pause the sim and pull up the map, click on the airport, which will then show all the navigation facilities including localiser information.

You could also use the FSX world Navaid package (http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html). They update FSX navaids (VOR, NDBs) on a monthly basis (according to the latest NAVdata). They also update some ILS frequencies, however, only for a few countries. You can read the documentation on their website to learn more.

To make sure I won't have to pause my flight and go find out the real frequency on FSX (and if the ILS actually exists) I always check it during flight planning and if something is wrong I edit it with ADE. It doesn't take me more than a minute to change an ILS frequency and then it's fixed forever. Or you could go and find a nice freeware scenery, almost every airport will have one that is better than default.

Pedro Espindola

PMDG_737ngx_proud_own2_378x68.jpg