Sign in to follow this  
alexcolka

Alabeo Piper Tomahawk released.

YES !!!!!!

Downloading now.......... Fave all time GA aircraft, and first ever GA aircraft I flew in, real-world.

Can't wait !!!

She's an absolute, little beauty!

A very simple little GA trainer, but beautifully rendered.  This is what Alabeo and Carenado should be about :wink:

CLICK the PICs, to see her full size:

316.jpg

118.jpg

217.jpg

Quick first impressions from a 15 min VFR pleasure flight :-

• Beautiful modelling and texturing in the VC (better than my dark screenshots in the post above suggest).
  • Beautiful exterior modelling (it's an Alabeo :wink:).
  • Excellent Frame rates.... default C172 level (perhaps better).
  • I don't like the sound at all.  There is a strange 'oscillating' in the RPMs when flying (like a dip in RPM every 3 seconds or so), but it doesn't show on the RPM gauge, so I believe it's just a sound loop anomoly.   I just don't like the engine sounds though, so have put the sounds from the Just Flight PA-38 Tomahawk in mine, as despite the age, they are far better IMHO.
  • There is no GPS at all.   (I have added a 295 using FS Panel Studio).

But it's a real winner, for a lovely low, slow trainer or 2 seat low wing trainer! :smile:

I learned to fly in this little prop-driven fighter! I loved it, although a lot of pilots called it the Trauma-Hawk. One big reason was that when you stalled it, the tail shook like a wet dog, which unnerved some. I could fly that little plane just like a fighter, and used to do a really tight approach pattern and slip it in coming out of the turn to a very short final. I'd love to find one in good condition and buy it, just for the fun of it. I have to download this li'l guy!

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Asking silly questions. There's no note on who has done the FDE. How do you guys like it so far? Was Bernt Stolle involved?

Other than that, I've received the email and the screens look beautiful while the price for the Alabeo planes always comes in quite reasonable. I guess that, after the first service pack, I'm in. I can't resist T-tails. ^_^

I agree with GPbarth,

Stalls in this were exciting....  first plane I ever inverted without intent... pilot error of course...  Powered back and she just kinda "fell" out of it..... :O :o

Need to get this bird for old times sake.

Jeff

Was Bernt Stolle involved?

Based upon his response in a thread at SOH, I'd say yes he was.

Thinking of getting it, but knowing Alabeo, they often rush-release, and a short after, fix it. I'll just watch for the time being. Plus, I may invest the money in their R66, which I think might be a little more exciting. I mean, I know rotorcrafts aren't best simulated in fsx, but still, it will be the first properly HD (both model and texture) GA chopper for fsx and p3d. P3D v2 might bring improved rotor simulation so who knows. :)

I wouldn't usually use this word about an aircraft ( the real one) , pretty, sexy, beautiful yes but not what I'm about to say...

It's CUTE

All the time I spent at airports as a kid I never saw one. It has been awhile since I have even seen a photo. Cute little bugger.

Bob

I'm not the only one...it seems like a jolly plane