Sign in to follow this  
Zapx1995

RC Novice

Hi there,

I recently purchased radar contact v4, I've done a lot of reading and understand it, but when I go to use it in FSX the commands do not work? I'm lead to believe I have installed it correctly, is there something obvious I've missed?

Many Thanks

Richard 

Be sure you have the aircraft view hot, not the RC status window.

Try it with just a default aircraft and no add-ons running to see if something is capturing keystrokes before they get to RC.

Since this is a new installation be sure to update fsuipc and makerwys.exe (and then run the scenery rebuild again) as their have been significant changes since the distribution versions with RC.

Thanks for the quick response! 

I will give those a go and see how it pans out, the default 737 seems to respond perfectly fine, just RC doesn't seem to want to listen to me! 

I have updated everything, and still no luck, I will try and completely disable everything I have, which is only UK2000 Manchester Airport from memory and see how it goes!

Did you install RC to the default folder (programs(x86)) or a custom one? (Custom one like c:\RC should work better.)

Install and run everything related to FSX (that includes RC) as an administrator each and every time (you can permanently configure your *.exe's for that via the 'properties').

I'll try installing to the custom,it's currently in x86 at the moment, I have also tried running as an administrator but still no luck!

Set up a shortcut to RCv4.exe. Right click on it and select properties, then click Advanced. Click on Run As Admin to check that box. The OK the change top return to the previous window. Click Apply, then OK to close. Same with FS.

This is a program security level, not a user security level, and different then you running with admin rights.

What is your Windows and FS versions, please.

The scenery should have no bearing on this.

Usually this problem relates to security access to apps running in the Program Files hierarchy or the FS view (panel, 3D,etc) not being in the foreground. Click anywhere on the panel to insure it is in the windows foreground. The other common problem is an accessory "crew type" app or an FMC or similar gauge capturing keystrokes and not passing them through to RC.

just RC doesn't seem to want to listen to me!

Just checking - you're not trying to talk to RC with a headset are you?

Iain Smith