Sign in to follow this  
joolsd

Why is the flight1 wrapper for Ezdok interpreted as a virus?

Why is the flight1 wrapper for Ezdok interpreted as a virus?

I had trouble downloading the software from the site, also I ran a virus scan, and guess what it delete the wrapper?

I had to disable to get Ezdok to install.

This should help you - http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=vista.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I have fought with those installers as well. They are just doing something differently than the others and are stubborn enough not to alter their installers. Another bogeyman for my Norton is FSDT. My solution has been that I try to find the product from an another reseller, like with Milviz planes, but some of the products are just not sold elsewhere so the only choice is to switch off the defence during installation or even downloading or to leave those products to the shop.

I feel every time like a regular dummy when switching off the defences, but this far all has been fine.

Thanks, well as long as it is safe.  It's their word against somebody else, with the 'fause positive'.

It doesn't really help the user if  everything that isn't published correctly, is seen as a virus.

They seem like a reputable company anyway. At least, I haven't heard any complaints.

Another thing is to make sure your virus software is upto date. I occasionally had same problem with WideClient.exe being quarantined until I updated.

Thanks, well as long as it is safe. It's their word against somebody else, with the 'fause positive'.

There's a lot of us here, including me, who do not use an anti-virus program and have not had any viruses.  You just need to make sure you have your firewall enabled at all times.  Although I haven't done it, you might be better off downloading and running Microsoft Essentials (freeware) which I understand does an excellent job at providing security.  What you are discussing is a major problem with anti-virus software as they sometimes can cause more problems to your computer than what it's worth.  I have never had an anti-virus program and I have been computing since 1991. I have always wondered, if I have an anti-virus program sitting on my system and someone develops a computer virus that my anti-virus program developers have not seen yet and that virus hits my system, how is my anti-virus program going to stop it?  These anti-virus programs are meant to stop things from changing your registry and installing viruses and, when it does that, you will have major problems until you can figure out what went wrong.  That will probably require you to hire a computer expert who will charge you at least $100 to tell you your anti-virus program messed things up.  Most commercial software requires security elements to protect the developers software from software pirates (shoplifters) and needs to contact the software company periodically to verify the software has not been pirated (as an example).  It's the sign of the times.  If you keep your anti-virus program, at least just disable it when installing FSX or an FSX addon to save you from future agony.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

There's a lot of us here, including me, who do not use an anti-virus program and have not had any viruses.

That's the trouble, a good virus isn't going to be obvious.  I have heard so many different opinions on this. All good points.

Generally for me the rule is if you go looking for trouble, your going to get trouble.

I have always wondered, if I have an anti-virus program sitting on my system and someone develops a computer virus that my anti-virus program developers have not seen yet and that virus hits my system, how is my anti-virus program going to stop it?

Hundreds of new viruses are created each day but the chance of your computer catching one of them before the antivirus labs gets their hands on it and updates the software is minute. However, if you don't have an antivirus software it doesn't matter if you catch one that is several years old. You're still going to have a very bad day.

Not having an antivirus is like riding a bicycle without a helmet. Sure you're probably not going to fall off anyway but they are dirt cheap and weigh almost nothing and they can save you from serious injury if you're unlucky one day. Likewise a good antivirus costs nothing (in the case of MS Security Essentials at least) and has virtually zero impact on your PC's performance, so even though I haven't had a virus since the early 90's I absolutely can not see the logic behind not having an antivirus.

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

Not having an antivirus is like riding a bicycle without a helmet

Totally agree.  I'm just saying I've never used one and have never been hit by a virus as many others have stated too.  If I worked or used a computer in a company or corporation though I would definitely have an anti-virus program installed and running. 

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM