Sign in to follow this  
Guest ecg

More attacks against OrbX by NickN over at Flight1

But in this day and age we may prefer antagonism to synergy.

PeterH

You got that right.

But in this day and age we may prefer antagonism to synergy.

Seems so, doesn't it?  An excellent observation.

Scott

Guest ecg

Reading all of these diverse opinions makes me realise how lucky we are to have a forum like AVSIM. IMHO most of the posts here would be deleted in a trice if posted on either the simforums or ftx forums. So at least here we can air our views here - obviously within reason.

I can see both points of view in this argument and don't have a definitive opinion on either (fence sitter) but it would have been nice if both sides had got together to work out the best solution for us poor simmers rather than the way that it has been handled thus far. But in this day and age we may prefer antagonism to synergy.

PeterH

Unfortunately the animosity between the two parties has been years in the making. Saw a post from 2008 on simforums. Same issue with Orbx methodologies regarding the lclookup.bgl were brought up. Nick pretty much had the same viewpoint as currently. Holger even posted explaining the how and why. Don't think there is much hope on the two companies seeing eye to eye.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

NickN should consider a new hobby. Maybe Dominoes?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

NickN should consider a new hobby. Maybe Dominoes?

Nice illustration of Illigitimi's point.  :rolleyes:

Nice illustration of Illigitimi's point. 

Ain't that right.

This is precisely the reason why I wait minimum 1 month after release date to make any FSX purchase these days. Seems like this one might play out a bit.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Reading all of these diverse opinions makes me realise how lucky we are to have a forum like AVSIM.  IMHO most of the posts here would be deleted in a trice if posted on either the simforums or ftx forums. So at least here we can air our views here - obviously within reason.

You are of course quite right, BUT, every forum has its masters and every master guides the way the forums are handled. As you say "within reason" and what is NOT acceptable here can often be acceptable elsewhere. That's where the internet is great, so many views and opinions, but only if you are willing to look elsewhere, keep an open mind and avoid the mods.

I will say this ..... if this thread had been about a certain aircraft developer, would it have been able to go on as long or with such diversity? I suspect not, at least not on this site. The "Forum Wars" .... gotta love it.

ANZ

You are quite correct - the content and the where, how and when a topic could/would/might be discussed on a particular forum would be pertinent as to whether it would see the light of day or not. 

I just that thought that some of the posts here were very good and I was glad that I was able to read them and get some insight into what was happening, and I could not get that somewhere else. 

As to other sites, as I said to a good friend of mine, it was a case of, "The Silence of the Lambs". Go Hannibal!

Thanks for your comments.

pH

Star Wars Fans:   (Yoda voice):  "Look at me... judge me by my post count, will you?"

I'm not judging on post count........

This is precisely the reason why I wait minimum 1 month after release date to make any FSX purchase these days. Seems like this one might play out a bit.

apart from the pmdg 777 which i will be buying straight away as soon as it is out to buy :)

P.S got global and love it :)

One of the best up grades to fsx in my opinion and that is all it is a opinion :)