Sign in to follow this  
brad9825

FXAA

can some one please help? i cant seem to get fxaa to work, i see no difference between windowed mode and full screen knowing that in only works in full screen!

Do you really need it in P3D?  I played around with NI and FXAA settings, but eventually gave up.

Here's my last NI profile for P3D...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Do you really need it in P3D?  I played around with NI and FXAA settings, but eventually gave up.

Here's my last NI profile for P3D...

isnt NI for nvidia Cards? i have amd or does it still work

isnt NI for nvidia Cards? i have amd or does it still work

nVidia Inspector is for nVidia cards only.

However, there is an AMD equivalent available, although I'm not sure what it's called.

Maybe somebody else will chip in with it's name ... ...   ^_^

yeah its catalyst controller, i was just asking cause i was curious why he shared his NI settings :)

Oops!

sorry for that - didn't see your card model :-/

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

FXAA is an alternate to enbseries the lighting module, it can control AA and AF along with adding bloom and HDR lighting with options to increased colour saturation etc

Chris Ibbotson

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

can some one please help? i cant seem to get fxaa to work, i see no difference between windowed mode and full screen knowing that in only works in full screen!

FXAA does not work in DX9 as far as I can tell.

Anyway when in dx10, Radeonpro utility can enable and disablke FXAA and SMAA post processing. Compared tomsupersample AA its garbage. Why not just use AA?

C.

FXAA is an alternate to enbseries the lighting module, it can control AA and AF along with adding bloom and HDR lighting with options to increased colour saturation etc

Chris Ibbotson

Excuse me? FXAA is a post-processing anti-aliasing mode. It's just anti-aliasing, nothing else.

Anyway when in dx10, Radeonpro utility can enable and disablke FXAA and SMAA post processing. Compared tomsupersample AA its garbage. Why not just use AA?

C.

FXAA works in everything, including DX9 applications.

Excuse me? FXAA is a post-processing anti-aliasing mode. It's just anti-aliasing, nothing else.

FXAA works in everything, including DX9 applications.

Yes Sorry. I need to be more clear. I cannot see it in DX9 mode in FSX. I need to preface that with this information though. 

ATI's "sort of" nVidia Inspector utility is indeed RadeonPro.

http://www.radeonpro.info/

Among other things it can inject FXAA and SMAA at the click of a button as you can see here in this video... Start watching at 9:15 for that feature. The whole video is good if you want to see how Radeonpro works.

So we show there that you can hit CTRL-O to bring up the on screen display and then CTRL-F to turn on and off FXAA. In DX10 mode in FSX you can see FXAA combine with SSAA and the edges of the plane will soften slightly and you can see it as you turn it on and off. In DX9 mode however, I see no change turning it on and off. 

Is there another injector out there? Not that I want it in DX9 but I would be interrested.

SMAA does not play nice in FSX DX10 by the way. It causes a black screen in FSX. Not related to this subject but just warning those that want to try it.

Charles.

FXAA uses the D3D9.dll module in the sims root directory and very much DOES work in FSX and P3D, most posts regarding its installation and usage fail to mention that when you run the configuration file and modify the various sliders that you also have to enable/disable the various shaders on the 'Game' tab of the configurator.

Im not refering to the FXAA form of AA, I am refering to the FXAA Tool, its a post processing tool just like enbseries and gives you control over AA, AF and various HDR lighting and bloom settings and also colour etc

https://www.assembla.com/spaces/fxaa-pp-inject/documents?c=documents.updated_at&d=desc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRb_XKVWxXA

Chris Ibbotson

Just realising the OP is talking specifically about the AA form of FXAA..God knows why a software developer also called his post processing tool using the same name :(

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

FXAA uses the D3D9.dll module in the sims root directory and very much DOES work in FSX and P3D, most posts regarding its installation and usage fail to mention that when you run the configuration file and modify the various sliders that you also have to enable/disable the various shaders on the 'Game' tab of the configurator.

Im not refering to the FXAA form of AA, I am refering to the FXAA Tool, its a post processing tool just like enbseries and gives you control over AA, AF and various HDR lighting and bloom settings and also colour etc

https://www.assembla.com/spaces/fxaa-pp-inject/documents?c=documents.updated_at&d=desc

Chris Ibbotson

Just realising the OP is talking specifically about the AA form of FXAA..God knows why a software developer also called his post processing tool using the same name :(

looking forward to checking this out.

Chris Ibbotson

I wonder though. Is the OP is talking about FXAA here (Fast Approximate Anti-Aliasing). If so... Are you saying yes... FXAA (Antialiasing) works in DX9 FSX? Or just that this tool called FXAA TOOL works?

That said. Is this tool's AA modes as sharp or sharper than the typical go to AA modes (8xS+2xSGSS for nVidia and 4xSSAA for ATI) ?

Charles.

Morning Charles, quick reply before I head to the office.  Ive only started trying to set up FXAA tool properly since last night as always been a fan of enbseries but as it constantly crashes the sim its not viable.  Many say the AA the tool offers isnt as good as Nvidia Inspector but you can choose to just use the colour and lighting enhancements and let NI work on the AA.  I know little about AA but know that even with just FXAA enabled in NI and the normal AA setting set to application controlled and not enabled in FXAA tool or P3D that I seem to still get some form of AA in the sim, think in both windowed and full screen, will have to check again later

Chris Ibbotson

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson