Sign in to follow this  
Todd Moore

Cold and Dark

I had to reinstall my 737 NGX because I was having troubles with the parking brake not disengaging.  Now, I cannot remember what menu I need to open to select cold and dark on startup.  I cannot find it in the tutorials either. HELP!

Todd A. Moore

Of which manual?

Todd A. Moore

Sorry, I didn't read that properly...STARTUP PANEL STATE: I do not see this prompt.

I do not see the aircraft load state prompt in my fmc.

Good grief...I found it...I'm not awake yet this morning and I need coffee BAD!

While we're on the topic, thought I'd ask this before the 777 comes out.  Had the following problem in the NGX but never had the inclination to actually ask and 'fix' it.

How do you set up and save a new Cold & Dark panel state after you change some of the company options like using LBS to KGS for example?  What I mean is, I want to start the NGX in a C&D state with my own company options.  So I go ahead and change the company options, and power down the aircraft (including battery).  But now I can't save the panel in that state because the FMC-CDU is also blank.

So how does one create a new Cold & Dark startup state?

Thanks,

Subin.

Customer options (e.g. lbs - kgs switch) , and panel state are two different features of NGX. There is no need to save customer option. If you want to save cold and dark panel state, you have to hold MENU button of CDU and it will power up. 

Btw, all of this is covered in introduction manual, all of you really should read it.

you have to push the Menu button on the CDU for a couple of seconds. You can then access the PMDG Menu to save a new Cold and Dark Setup.

I had to reinstall my 737 NGX because I was having troubles with the parking brake not disengaging.  Now, I cannot remember what menu I need to open to select cold and dark on startup.  I cannot find it in the tutorials either. HELP!

Todd A. Moore

Just another thought - the "short turn" panel state has chocks engaged - which shows up as parking brake in the little red box at the bottom. It was driving me mad, not being able to disengage the parking brake in the usual way, until I looked at the outside view and saw the chocks! Chocks are removed in the "ground connections" section of the CDU

Cheers

Paul Hand

This is why users should read the ngx  introduction manual, would have saved time and effort  instead of  re installing  which most likely  could make things  worse

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Every question in this thread is answered by reading the 'Introduction Manual'. When will people learn... :unsure: