Sign in to follow this  
Bunkers

Don't panic

As you've probably noticed it's a bit quiet here in the X-plane section of Avsim today. This is mainly because jcomm is having one of his FSX/P3D periods. This is completely normal and happens from time to time. So don't panic people and carry on as normal. Soon enough he'll be back with his contagious enthusiasm  :smile:

He's like a dog chasing cars. Just a highly intelligent and well informed dog.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

:LMAO:

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

As you've probably noticed it's a bit quiet here in the X-plane section of Avsim today. This is mainly because jcomm is having one of his FSX/P3D periods. This is completely normal and happens from time to time. So don't panic people and carry on as normal. Soon enough he'll be back with his contagious enthusiasm  :smile:

Thursday, Saturday and Sunday are his Xplane 10 days :lol:   I'm in the same boat as JC, I bought FTX Global, the Majestic Dash 8 and rebought the COOLSKY DC-9 for my Prepar3D/AS 2012 setup.  Just these 3 addons will keep me away from XP10 for a while until I learn these planes and fly over the whole Planet in FTX Textures.  XP10 is my choice in sims but it's not yet complete since we're only on 10.22 beta.

It's pretty awesome to own and use both sims :good:

:LMAO:

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

One of these days I'll try to post 4 images of an approach to the same rw in P3D with FTX, X-Plane 10 with OSM Europe/Asia, ELITE PREMIUM v8.6 EUR1 GenView and DCS World.

I am not yet sure if those Georgian airfields are included in EUR1 for ELITE, but it would be great to compare the 4 sims of my life, while PSX isn't available ;-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

I think developers of all platforms should talk to each other and release their addon acoording to a Jcomm schedule, where in the end of each month he's spent equal time in all sims. This is the only way for AVSIM forums to obtain proper equilibrium of Jcomm Insights and Bug Reporting! Now FTX Global has caught his attention to FSX. What will X-Plane do to get him back? Get to work X-Plane Developers!! Quick, or you'll loose this valuable member to the FSX forums!!  :lol: :lol:

Alexis Mefano

One of these days I'll try to post 4 images ..... to compare the 4 sims of my life

Looking forward to those shots, comparisons are always interesting. It's just a bit of an effort to make them... 

I too am in an FSX phase this month.

After a fair few recent updates the X-Plane world seems to have gone rather quiet, I was hoping that core development would be moving on at a faster pace and we would be hearing exciting news about future updates.

Looking forward to those shots, comparisons are always interesting. It's just a bit of an effort to make them... 

Hmmmm, ELITE EUR1 doesn't cover the area :-/   I'll post a new comparison between an european airport in xp10, p3d and elite...

Here are a few quick shots taken at Batumi: DCS World, P3D + FTX Global and XP10 + OSM

DCS:

P3D + FTXG

XP10+OSM

Main Simulation Rig:

Yikes! OSM coverage of Georgia is really poor. Not that it matter much to me, I'm happy flying in europe. DCS and P3D both look good, but if I have to choose my vote goes to DCS for a more realistic impression. No doubt though FTXG has improved P3D/FSX alot.

After getting used to Simheaven photo + EU OSM I see I can not do vanilla XPX much more. Examples below..

Yes, on areas with good OSM coverage, OSM is amazing!

I'm not really that exigent scenery-wise... as you'll see when I post a few shots taken from ELITE :-)

My screen from DCS doesn't enhance the detail and quality of their scenery, specially at the airfields! Mesh is also very good, and this is all DX9, while they're working on their next scenery engine already DX11. DCS is now 64 bit only too! If only it had a wider World coverage, and more civil airplanes...

Main Simulation Rig:

If only it had a wider World coverage, and more civil airplanes...

I'd like that! World coverage might not happen but I'm sure some civilian stuff will come along. DCS is the champion of military jets though, and that's fine as it's not the focus really of the other sims. I've got the Milviz F-86 and T-38 for FSX and those are awesome, but FSX scenery cant keep up with a fast jet at low altitude. Would love to try those in X-Plane though..

I'd like that! World coverage might not happen but I'm sure some civilian stuff will come along. DCS is the champion of military jets though, and that's fine as it's not the focus really of the other sims. I've got the Milviz F-86 and T-38 for FSX and those are awesome, but FSX scenery cant keep up with a fast jet at low altitude. Would love to try those in X-Plane though..

I have a guilty pleasure, usually when drinking: taking the SR71 for low level speed runs. It may be ridiculous but it's silky smooth and great fun. The cockpit is also one of the best in XP.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea