Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Fly TO or FROM EDDF now!

METAR 1420Z

Nice weather!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Why the hell would you make a thread about this

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Wondered about that, too.

Why the hell would you make a thread about this

Why the hell would you reply?

Wish I could JComm but stuff to do lol

For those who didn't understand the meaning of the thread, there was quite significative weather, wind winds gusting to 53 knot. Nice to test RWW in FSX , or other sim with it available....  now moving west to ETHN

ETHN 061456Z 26011G43KT 8000 -TSRA SQ SCT050CB BKN100 OVC280 27/16 Q1015 BLU FCST CANCEL

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

ETHN 061456Z 26011G43KT 8000 -TSRA SQ SCT050CB BKN100 OVC280 27/16 Q1015 BLU FCST CANCEL

Ah, OK. Thanks for the clarification. That explains everything.

Kinda to add to the OP

Not sure if you guys know of this, but sometimes when I am in a certain mood, I go to www.badbadweather.com they have actual weather reports for places all over the world that have the "best" IMC weather to fly in for different types of conditions. Check it out.

Sent from my Apple communications device.

Kinda to add to the OP

Not sure if you guys know of this, but sometimes when I am in a certain mood, I go to www.badbadweather.com they have actual weather reports for places all over the world that have the "best" IMC weather to fly in for different types of conditions. Check it out.

Sent from my Apple communications device.

Awesome been thinking of something like this

I just bookmarked that site William...thanks.  I went straight for the tornado symbol or "gusts" and this little spot in Wyoming looks like a challenge:

KECS     25 38 4800 17 11 29.95 KECS 080015Z AUTO 13025G38KT 3SM -TSRA SCT005 OVC010 17/11 A2995 RMK AO2 P0003 LTG NOOP N THRU SE

Chris Sunseri

to increase that number below your member ID :huh:

Lol fair enough

It's not your bandwidth so why worry about who makes what thread?

I swear, I've watched so many with poor attitudes show up here since I joined going on 10 years ago and ridicule those who make threads that they don't see value in.

With that being said, if I wasn't on a 48-hour shift, I'd gladly play in those winds. That's pretty intense.

From the OP's message:

"26011G43KT"

That's real wind gusts- 11 knots gusting to 43, a difference of 32 knots. Try and land manually with variation in wind speed- especially in a C172 with an approach speed of around 70 knots,32 knots is almost one-half of the landing speed.....

I might clip this into a GLOB file for OPUS and try it.. Thanks jc....

Bruce.