Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

FSX NGX at menu startup problems

Hi, I was replacing a HD58701GB with a brand new HD7970 Vapor-X GHZ edition when all hell broke loos :-). The beta driver 13.8 did not like this so the CCC did not work at all. After a couple of hours trying to make it back in safety by following some allied on the web i did manage to get the ccc and the drivers installed allthough the CCC only works from the windows menubar. (windows 7 64bit)

The results is amazing but lately i had to load the default Cessna before loading the NGX. If i would load the NGX from the FSX-menu i would see the same corrupted panels symptoms as i did when using the defrag program in another thread and the plane would start in 2D with engines on. (CCC 13.4)

So :

I have checked this time the read/write permission on the NGX panel and aircraft files,

created a new fsx.cfg and tuned this after

PPS!

FSX did want a new licensekey suddenly so i had to inform FSX of this again (strange i think) after inserting the new HD7970.

FS2CREW is installed and works like a charm but first after loading the default Cessna in a airport and then the PMDG NGX.

What should i do if i would not load the Cessna first ? (recommended by PMDG)

I dont know what got corrupted replacing that GPU but it is strange. I am running DX10 btw. Dx9 is not better on this

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Delete the FSUIPC4.ini seems to have made up for this like the manual describe it can be sometimes tricky :-)

system restore point ,system restore point :-)

Hmm it seems like it is my G-Throttle and the NGX that makes this interference. I have to unplug it before loading the NGX and then put it back in the same usb port as FSUIPC have stored keystrokes for.

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Does anybody have an ideer why  my Throttletek V2 has to be unplugged before loading the NGX (works with default aircrafts and then loading NGX afterwards) ?

I have tried installing a new version of the FSUIPC 4.91 but that did not do the trick.

Swichting USB ports does not help either.

Deleting FSUIPC4.ini and let it regenerate do help but its setting me back with keystrokes.

I have also FS2CREW all packages,EZCA installed 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

just wanted to let you know that after a hole day of testing the solution was FSUIPC and Joystick calibration "6 of 11" Flaps that was the killer here. 

Took me about 8 hours to figure that out by going step by step in keystrokes command with the NGX and axis. Phh.

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

FSX did want a new licensekey suddenly so i had to inform FSX of this again (strange i think)

When you change a major component in a PC, it changes a certain thing Windows generates called Hardware ID. Basically it is a string that is coded from some hardware properties. If the hardware is same, the ID stays same.

Since your hardware changed, the ID changed.

Some software uses checks of HWID for security measures, to make sure it is not installed on a big number of different computers. Since you changed your HWID by changing the card, PMDG probably thought it is in a different computer (possibly copied over or carried over on a disk), and decided to have a licence check again to be sure.