Sign in to follow this  
michaelohalloran

Please help, can't play FS9 ( weather.dll error )

Hi all,

For the last few months I've been trying to find a fix for a weather.dll error that's causing my sim to crash.

It seems to happen right after takeoff or just after landing.

I've tried everything I can think of, I've reinstalled the whole flight sim and only added one aircraft with nothing else and it still crashes.

I'm completely lost at what to do, i'm hoping someone else here has had this issue and might know of a fix for it.

I hope to hear back from someone.

Thank you.

I had a similar problem before... Try starting the sim with clear weather theme that worked for me, as suppose to re-installing the sim and still getting the same problem im not to sure. 

When you uninstalled, did you clean out the My Documents/Microsoft/ FS9 folder?

You have a bad .WX file saved in that folder which is causing this error.

When you uninstalled, did you clean out the My Documents/Microsoft/ FS9 folder?

You have a bad .WX file saved in that folder which is causing this error.

Hi there,

I did do that yep, I constantly clear out the folder with those .WX files and the error still happens,

After every crash I go to the event log just to see if it was something different, and its always weather.dll :/

Ummmmmm...... no.

FSX has hardly known to crash now and then, hasn't it?

Solution: Switch to FSX.

Boy....lots of help there. Thanks but no thanks.

Regards,

Joe Esposito

check that "Render To Texture" is checked in the graphics/hardware settings.

also, have you tried using a 3d-party weather engine? depending on the length of your flights, you might be having problems updating weather...

Solution: Switch to FSX.

Lol fsx crashes more then 9......Did you try starting the fs9 with clear weather theme if so try deleting the FS9.CFG and allow fs9 to rebuild a new one... Make sure if you perform another uninstall to use Iobit uninstaller it performs additional scan to get rid of any additional Registry keys that may be left behind, and also remove the FS9 folder that contains the FS9.cfg (Located here in Windows 7 C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft) Must show hidden files to be able to see the App Data folder  after uninstall as its one of the folders that gets left behind after the uninstall. I remember getting a weather.dll i ended up starting a new game with clear skies you have to set this in the beginning before loading the game.

if all fails the only thing i can suggest is following petes advice here in this forum second paragraph (Theirs only 3) lol  http://forum.simflight.com/topic/11076-fs9-weatherdll-error/

If you uninstalled and Re-installed its quite strange that your running into this error continuously so make sure if you do choose to re-install that nothing  i mean nothing is left behind Also as Pete mention corrupted files in the weather sub folder in your Main FS9 folder can cause weather. Dll errors