Sign in to follow this  
ellington

ezdok and 2d panel pop-ups

Hi Folks,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Couldn't seem to find an answer to this one with the search function, so here goes.

With EZDOK, is there anyway to keep a 2d panel 'popup' window open while changing views in a virtual cockpit?

I use EZDOK to get me around the PMDG NGX cockpit, but whenever I hit a button I've set on the yoke on the yoke to glance up at the overhead switches/radios etc. it automatically closes any of the EFIS popups I like to keep open...any way to 'anchor' them on the screen so I can keep them open while changing VC views in EZDOK?

Hope that makes sense - thanks in advance for your advice.

Are you using Windowed mode or Full screen mode?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I've always wondered that myself, but I'm guessing on a single monitor setup it's not possible.  I use a second computer for my flights, but that rig is solely for Aivlasoft EFB.

Chris Sunseri

Yes it is possible, but you need to edit the panel.cfg for the aircraft in question and add the below line to the panel you want to keep open.

Type=Special

Now I am working from memory here and I don't have access to FSX as I am in the middle of a new PC build, so I'd recommend a search here at the forum for that line above just to confirm it. I have answered this question here before I think so it may be worthwhile using the advanced search function with my username as well as the above line to see if I remembered correctly, lol.

Edit: Never mind I found it;

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/347595-any-way-of-keeping-2d-panel-popups-in-place-in-a-view/?hl=+type#entry2099434

Cheers, Andy.

Great! 

I opened up to the PMDG 737 panel.cfg and added type=special under the sections 'window 11' and 'window 12' (captains side DU's). That did the trick. 

I can now change views in EZDOK without closing the display unit popups.