Sign in to follow this  
clocki

FSX scenery converting to FS2004?

Yep. The other 75,000 are trying to figure out oom's, ctd's and working 8 jobs to buy hardware to get fsx to run at 16 fps.

:lol:

Wow, delusional :)

Rob Prest

Question seems strange.  Why would you want to fly FS9 anyway where you want to convert scenery over. Why not stay FSX?

Simple...because FSX is not running as it should on my PC. I had to buy a new computer for around 1000-1500$ to (maybe) get it fluent with stable 25fps.

I'm actual using following setup and already tried FSX and got around 5-10fps with NGX+STD FS scenery. So you can imagine what will happen if you add NGX+weather+IVAO+scenery like EDDF,OMDB,...

AMD FX-4100 3,60 GHz but now with 4,2GHz

8 GB DDR3 RAM

GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024 MB

Windows 7 x64

Greetings Eddi :smile:

Yep. The other 75,000 are trying to figure out oom's, ctd's and working 8 jobs to buy hardware to get fsx to run at 16 fps.

:lol:

Yes, delusional; 75,000 sounds way too low a figure!

I think I hear Mr. FS9(Dillon) coming :ph34r:  :lol:   all FSX'ers hide :P

jk Dillon :He He:  :Peace:

Yes, delusional; 75,000 sounds way too low a figure!

Tumbleweed blows across the room.........

Rob Prest

Tumbleweed blows across the room.........

Sounds like your using FSX with Orbx TumbleweedFlow (or is that PlantFlow).

Nope FS9.. and you really need to work on those gags....

Rob Prest

To bring this back to reality, I want to answer the Why? question...

As I stated earlier, I fly FS9.  It's all I fly, and will be for the foreseeable future.  I have noticed a few small addon airports that are local to my area, but only exisit in FSX.  If there was a stable - and non-geeky - way to port them into FS9, I would certainly make the effort to do so.

In other words, it's a way to expand the universe we fly in.  Nothing cheeky or crazy about it.  And if the situation was reversed, I would also want to try it.

Ron

Yep, very! FSX since day 1, never an OOM and locked at 35.

To bring this back to reality, I want to answer the Why? question...

As I stated earlier, I fly FS9.  It's all I fly, and will be for the foreseeable future.  I have noticed a few small addon airports that are local to my area, but only exisit in FSX.  If there was a stable - and non-geeky - way to port them into FS9, I would certainly make the effort to do so.

In other words, it's a way to expand the universe we fly in.  Nothing cheeky or crazy about it.  And if the situation was reversed, I would also want to try it.

Ron

It's very possible to get most FSX 3D mesh into FS9, but I can see it crossing the line as you know it won't stop for personal use only, especially when users that have no clue how to do it see a screenshot of it and want it for their sim. .

Best, Michael

KDFW

It's very possible to get most FSX 3D mesh into FS9

Round Earth and the WGS-84 coordinate system used by FSX are two reasons why FS9 won't render FSX meshes.

3D mesh aka Models for buildings and the sorts... Not to be confused with terrain mesh.

3D mesh aka Models for buildings and the sorts... Not to be confused with terrain mesh.

Exactly, thank you.

Best, Michael

KDFW

I know of a gal who has FSX and ORBX global and got tired of FSX bugs said she installed Global in fresh install of FSX (just FSX with default scenery). Then Installed fresh copy of FS9 used a texture tool or maybe 2 found all files that had same names and converted them like 4000 files and reduced texture size for fs9. It took a long time and she said she had to remove a few things but got it right.

The screenshots are awesome and person states that so far no issues. She also contacted ORBX and was told as long as she only uses them on her pc its not an issue since she owns a legal copy of FTX global. Oh yes then ultimate terrain and such can be added afterwards.

My thought is why doesn't ORBX do some converting  and offer Global for for FS9 ?

FS9 is very stable no constant tweaking needed or CTD problems. The best thing is you don't need a million dollar computer to run FS9.

I like FSX but am tired of all the bugs in it.