Sign in to follow this  
hopkins.logan

JS41 Nav Issues

Hi

I have only encountered this problem after recently formatting my C: drive and reinstalling windows, FSX, and all my addons, but about 50% of the time when I switch to NAV mode, the JS41 will ignore the LNAV route and turn to 360 degrees. I have the navigation display set to LNV and can see the programmed route, but the autopilot takes no notice. Entering a direct to routing into the FMC does nothing. NAV mode still seems to work in VOR/LOC mode and all other autopilot functions work as expected, just seems like the LNAV route isn't getting through to the autopilot for some reason.

I have only had this problem twice out of four flights since my reinstall, the other two times it worked flawlessly.

Am I doing something wrong? Should I try reinstalling the aircraft?

Any advice would be appreciated!

-Logan

Make sure you press the LNAV button the glareshield a few times, as the first press only changes the display mode, not the actual navigation mode.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

open up the default FSX GPS (shift + 1), go to the Direct menu and enter the fix/waypoint you want.  You can then close it a forget about it as the A/P will now follow the FMS.  I do not know why it does that, but if you open your default GPS and it is showing no course line (magenta) and displaying nav info, then you need to do the above to avoid the 360 turn

There is no need to open default GPS.

The directo button works like RW. When you want to go LNAV you push it twice like it was said above and directo your first waypoint you want to fly to on the CDU. It will then follow the programmed route.

If I remember correctly you also need to leave the CDU on the NAV page for it to follow the lateral navigation you loaded.

Hope this helps.

Chuck Biggins