Sign in to follow this  
jasoncardeira

Bojote tweaking tool offline

Causes problems?

I've only experienced improvements when using Bojote's tool, I miss the convenience of it automatically applying HighMemFix and Max Texture load.

Manual editing is just time consuming, and copy/pasting someone else's settings tends to be more risky than using the tool.

• Upvote 1

Has anyone been able to contact the site's author yet? I can't live without Bojote's tool, it really does miracles on my system!

Does anyone know if there are any free alternatives to this tool/website. Dont want to have to tweak manually!!!!

Perhaps a breakdown of how the site works so we could apply the tweaks ourselves would help as well. I too just recently got a new system. Tried all the tweaking in the world and I'm not getting anything near what I used to in JFK with my old rig. 

Would love to get help on this 

You dont need this tool that causes more problems than it solves when it comes to troubleshooting.

Simply go to the AVSIM hardware and tweaking guide. All the relevant .cfg  edits are avaialble in there and they also exaplain what each one does. Better doing it manually this way so you know what you have changed rather than relying on an automated tool.

What he said! There is nothing beyond the AVSIM guide that will help in 99% of the cases.

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Some of use enojy the simplicity of the tool and the tweaks it makes. I've use it on serveral occasions and my fsx has been running very nice with the the tweaks it made to my cfg file

Or look to the right of any forum you are on and look under Hot Spots.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I too am disappointed that the tool is offline, it did wonders to my system as well. I don't have the time or the patience to sit tweaking my rig all day. Ten minutes of running the tool and I would have a system that ran perfectly. Maybe it doesn't work for everyone, but there are a good few of us that it did benefit.

I would be happy to host it myself if hosting is the issue. 

Tom

Tom

Why not read some useful tips and tricks - http://forum.avsim.n...22#entry1965722

This tool was good years ago, or if you have an old machine.  On a new machine, this tool will screw up your system and actually make FSX run worse

I disagree I recently built a new system and it got my sim running smooth as a nut. It is subjective how successful the tool is. Every rig is different and the expectations of the user also differ.

Personally I have only ever had success with it, although I can understand that other have had problems.

Tom

Tom

Why not read some useful tips and tricks - http://forum.avsim.n...22#entry1965722