Sign in to follow this  
hontzt

Closing Emergency Hatch

Greetings, the manual tells you how to open the Emergency Hatch, but does not describe how to close it. Anyone figure that out? Great airplane by the way...

VR

Todd

ATP MEL

Commercial SEL

B-747, BE-300, BE-400, DHC8, ERJ 170/190, MU-300

C-17A Globemaster III

Hi if you would have searched the majestic forum you would have found your answer  but as I had  the same problem,  go  to the majestic forum  and search for " hatch"  but  this  what I do,  but  there  are other solutions  but  this works for me.

what I found out is that if I just point my mouse curser at the front of the hatch ( no need to go behind the hatch at all) until the mouse curser changes to a hand saying exit handle and than I click and it closes

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

closing emergency hatch is normally not the pilot's job :)

but yes, you can get behind the hatch and close it by clicking on it there

banner_samdim_q400_nrw.png

Tutorial #2 says don't open the hatch. It's hard to close.

Not really  once  where  you know where to place  the mouse pointer, quite easy  all you need to do is place your pointer  at the front of  the hatch  to close it

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I found the place where you have to put the mouse pointer to close the emergency hatch. In my mjc8 q400 it is not "at the front of the hatch" as pete_auau wrote, but somewhere in the middle.

The mouse pointer changes into a hand and also the following tooltip text appears: "EMERGENCY EXIT". I made a screenshot but unfortunately I don't see a way to upload it. So here is a dropbox link to the image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f9dii8gpcj3qo58/mjc8_q400_pilot_emergency_exit_close_spot.png?dl=0 . The mousepointer is not shown in the image but the tooltip text is.