Sign in to follow this  
Luke160388

Is it newbie friendly?

Will this bird be accessible to all? I mean like I wouldn't have to be able to recite the entire manual off the top of my head to do a flight? I'm not expecting it to be a walk in the park I know but I hope it will not be for hardcore professionals only?

Well, the addon will be almost identical to the real thing. Can you handle that? I don't know, it depends on your knowledge. 

Flying is not a rocket science, it's more a craft.

To a certain extent, yes.

Undobtedly the automation and ECL will be a big help, compared with NGX for example.

You can also load the plane in powered up state, and if you turn the failures off, you only have to consider normal operation. Which should be a breeze with the great tutorials Tabs usually writes.

I'm no RW pilot but I have been into flight sim for a long time. I know my way around a cockpit just not FULL real world SOP's and I'm more familiar with airbus type aircraft.

I didn't fly the NGX (prefer airbus narrow bodies) but the T7 is my favourite twin engine wide body hence my interest in this.

No doubt there will be plenty of tutorial vids on YouTube when it's released and the inevitable FS2Crew add on :-)

Normally some really excellent tutorials are included with PMDG products. They assume basic aviation knowledge but that is about it. If you follow them a few times then you will be all set to start learning on this wonderful new aircraft.

I have been into flight sim for a long time. I know my way around a cockpit just not FULL real world SOP's and I'm more familiar with airbus type aircraft.

Well, if thats the case then I don't think you will have any trouble getting to grips with the T7, just be aware that it can seem quite daunting at first glance as all, yes all the switches work. Just like the real aircraft. Enjoy  :wink:.

Thoroughly looking forward to mate! Need to rack up some hours with the VA to get promoted so I can fly the T7

Luke,

From what I know about the real world counterpart, this aircraft is amazingly automated!   Even through Rob's posts during December 2012, he clearly said that it is enormously complex, but makes is easier to fly in many ways.  

For example, the TAC feature which makes the engine failure on take off much easier to handle than other aircraft, and many more.   From all accounts starting it up is easier than a NGX for example.   I really think that if you have some reasonable experience as it appears you may have, you should be okay!

Kind regards

I would like to add that AOA will provide a comprehensive training package for you.

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Luke,

think about:

- not activating failure mode,

- configuration settings like 'easy A/P engagement' (it's on the NGX, anyway)

- flows and checklist items which don't have to be adhered to in a strict sense (no master warning, plane does not fall out of the sky, if it's not followed)

- and, of course, the high degree of automation mentioned above.

You will get your flights done and the degree of proficiency you'd like to acquire after a couple of 'test flights' is completely up to you ...