Sign in to follow this  
SimBrief

SimBrief - Advanced Flight Planning

After years of work, I'm pleased to announce that the most in-depth freeware flight planning tool ever developed, "SimBrief", is now available for use!

Planning a scheduled flight for a major airline is a complicated task with many factors to consider. In order to maximize efficiency, major airlines around the world employ specially trained Flight Dispatchers. Using specialized flight planning software, they check weather, select a route, make fuel calculations, choose suitable alternates, and check current NOTAMs to ensure the flight is conducted as safely and efficiently as possible. Once the dispatcher has completed their calculations, they use their flight planning software to generate a detailed "Operational Flight Plan" for use by the airline's pilots, who benefit from having all the pertinent data for their flight in one complete package.

SimBrief effectively simulates the Flight Dispatcher's role, allowing virtual pilots to generate in-depth Briefing Packages containing the same layout and data as the ones used by real airline pilots every day. SimBrief is capable of generating flight plans which include:

• A detailed waypoint listing (i.e. Navlog)
  • Accurate performance and fuel calculations for over 50 aircraft types
  • Fuel figures satisfying all legal requirements, such as reserve and alternate fuel
  • Step climb planning based on actual aircraft weight
  • In depth ETOPS calculations, including entry, exit, and equal time points between ETOPS alternates
  • Selection of suitable destination and ETOPS alternates based on current weather forecasts
  • Real world weather and winds aloft forecasts
  • Real world NOTAMs provided by the FAA
  • A link to prefile the generated flight on VATSIM in just a few mouse clicks

All you provide is the departure, destination, and route, and the SimBrief system calculates the rest!

A sample flight plan can be viewed here: http://www.simbrief.com!

Well done Thanks a lot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

Wow Thanks :Applause: this looks great. going to use this on one of my Va flights tonight  

Although I'm sure the functionality isn't quite on par with PFPX, this is an epic fail for FlightSimSoft. An advanced FREEWARE flight planning tool released a mere couple of weeks before PFPX is targeting release (well, assuming FlightSimSoft got it right this year).

I'm going to give this a shot tonight. If it's as good as it looks at first glance, I may pass on PFPX. Let's face it, I just shelled out the money for FTX Global, and the PMDG 777 is on the horizon. I'd love to be able to scratch one off my wishlist.

This looks quite good, and the web-based tool works well. Thanks and I'll give this a workout.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Fantastic!! Thanks!!

Mauricio Brentano

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "Flight Simulator Tips and Tricks" to "MS FSX Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Fantastic, just created an account and updated AIRAC. Works perfectly, generated BA flight from LOWS to EGKK. Can't wait to test it with the PMDG 777. By the way the link has an extra exclamation mark which needs removing.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

I just discovered this a couple days ago and must say it is fantastic.  For freeware in particular, I am quite impressed.  As I understand it, this is under continued development and I do hope that a few things will be added:

1. Modify ZFW:  Obviously this will have some effect on fuel usage, but there is already data in the program for +/- 1 ton weight changes, so I hope this can be addressed

2. Modify fuel burn factor: It looks like all the aircraft default to a P01 fuel usage (+ 1%).  It would be nice to be able to alter this ourselves and given that it's just a percentage, it should be fairly easy.

3. Custom route to ALT: Again, default is DCT to the alternate airport.  It would be nice if we could put a route in here as well as the main flight route.

4. Custom reserve/taxi/contingency fuel: Again, this part is pure math, so hopefully we could specify what our reserve (varies some by governing body), taxi fuel and any "captain's" extra fuel.

And a couple more difficult, but "would nice if"s:

5. Select the cost index: This understandably requires a lot of data, so maybe not so possible

6. Enroute alternates: certainly a lot more thinking on this one (as a note, it does do ETOPS enroute alternates, just not overland).

Still, while I hope for future improvement, this is fantastic.  It even does ETP's, entry and exits for ETOPS.

Eric Szczesniak

Going to try this tonight after a nice fresh re-install.

Sent from my Apple communications device.

Very nice. Couple of requests from me:

Would be nice to be able to edit dispatcher name and address. My flight from Belfast to London Gatwick probably wouldn't be dispatched by someone in America....

The flight levels are a bit screwy and sometimes the wrong level for the direction of flight. Even if I put in my own flight level it seems to pick its own - can you override it?

Block fuel for the Q400 is a bit on the high side but I'm still testing that.

Otherwise - great to have this thanks!