Sign in to follow this  
747-fan

Shortest scheduled 777 flights?

Hi, I'd love to get this aircraft but I don't have time for long haul and I fly online only (so I won't use the sped up feature, however well made it might be). 

Does anyone use the 777 on short haul flights anymore? 

You can do long haul in a short period with the new time compression feature. There's a thread about it somewhere called: no time for a long haul, think again. (I think)

Ah scratch that you fly exclusively online my bad

Well basically you can fly short routes if you wish so. Luke also made a 1 hour flight between Gatwick and Glasgow (EGKK/EGPF). But you can definitely do short flight, ony thing is you have to be careful with your loading so that you don't excess the Maximum Landing Weight.

Actually IRL, I have done a round trip to London in Air France A380, they had a special promotions, and were also utilising this short route to train more cabin crews. So you can defibnitely fly the route you want, just need to be carefull on weights, and to be on Airport that have sufficient runway length.

this is not the reason that plane was made to make short hope, but you always can if you wish. 

Check out Emirates.

I think they also fly short flights with the 777.

Rob Robson

You can do whatever your heart desires as long as you don't crash it killing every man, woman and baby on board.  

Happy simming.  

Air Canada does a CYVR-CYYZ-CYVR route. its 4 hr 20min with the 77L

For just the one leg

All Nippon is for YOU!

The operate the 777 both short and long range. The short range routes are done with high cap 777 because of high demand. Same goes for 787 and 747.

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

I will fly short/ middle hauls, too!!! I´m a fan of realtime flying so i don´t really like the time compression feature. But i´ve got a question: The Boeing 777-200LR has a massive power and if i load up the plane for short hauls, is there a way to reduce the take off thrust and climb thrust, so i don´t get these massive climb rates? I guess that this is possible, isn´t it? 

All Nippon is for YOU!

The operate the 777 both short and long range. The short range routes are done with high cap 777 because of high demand. Same goes for 787 and 747.

I was about mention ANA, tons of short routes there.

EGLL-EGFF BA non revenue flight for maintenance

TAPA-TKPK BA 30m

TLPL-TGPY BA 45m

OTBD-OBBI BA 50m

TTPP-TLPL BA 1hr

OOMS OMAA BA 1hr04m

VCBI-VRMM BA 1hr25m

MDPC-TAPA BA 1hr30m

WSSS-WRRR(WADD) SIA 2hr flight

WSSS-WIII SIA 2hr flight

WSSS-VTBS SIA 2hr15m

is there a way to reduce the take off thrust and climb thrust, so i don´t get these massive climb rates?

Yes.  It's got a sophisticated autopilot.  But first, it's supposed to have a sophisticated captain.  It's a plane.  A plane is a plane.  This one has a bunch of buttons and stuff.  

You may need to read the manual and do the tutorial flight, or maybe it will be easy for you, but if you can fly the ngx you can fly this.  CLB-1 CLB-2 plus de-rate / assumed are modelled I think.

It's all up to the pilot really.  With this type of aircraft you can fly it in any way.  Totally manual, throttle in hand, yoke in the other or all the way to AP1&2 engaged with all FMCs guiding you down to a soft landing.  It has LNAV if you want it, VNAV if you want it, and obviously all the other features of a Cessna Skylane and a little more, or then some.

Maybe more than then some. 

You don't need to climb as fast as the magenta bars say.  You will just feel it out one day, one day it will click.