Sign in to follow this  

Linked/highlighted words and popups: new feature?

I suddenly noticed today that various words look like links now (FSX, addons) and if you click on them you get a popup telling you what that word means.

If that is a new feature indeed, is there a way of turning it off...? Those highlighted words annoy me because you get the feeling there is something important to be read there while that's not the case at all. I know what FSX is and after seeing that popup a few times I don't need to be reminded of it anymore. It also makes the forumpages look very old fashioned (I never ever liked sites which had this feature).

So please tell me I can turn this off somehow! It's VERY distracting to see certain words being highlighted everytime and not needed at all imho. ^_^

Just do what I do don't  click on them just ignore em

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

It's a bit hard to ignore them imho. It simply is a useless feature imho and I'd like to get rid of it. ^_^ My eyes (and most eyes I presume) have learned to pay attention to links because they may be an important part of the post. But all those links is making a mess of it. Imho.

I am glad at least Ron is witchme! B)

I'm not seeing them, and if no one else is, it means you have malware on your system causing this.

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories

I started noticing it with the 777 beta release posts.  I've kinda learned to ignore it already.  At least only a few words get tagged or underlined from what I can see so far.

FSX

( I guess the 747 is too old to deserve an underline B) )

Chris Sunseri

I started noticing it with the 777 beta release posts.  I've kinda learned to ignore it already.  At least only a few words get tagged or underlined from what I can see so far.

FSX

( I guess the 747 is too old to deserve an underline B) )

If you happen the click on these, what URL comes up? If you can give the URL these links are trying to direct to, I am sure we could tell fairly quickly what you have contracted.

Dean

If you happen the click on these, what URL comes up? If you can give the URL these links are trying to direct to, I am sure we could tell fairly quickly what you have contracted.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/415792-linkedhighlighted-words-and-popups-new-feature/# <-- 777

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/415792-linkedhighlighted-words-and-popups-new-feature/# <-- FSX

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

I'm not seeing them, and if no one else is, it means you have malware on your system causing this.

This is only happening  in this  forum not any other  forums at all

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Lucky you. ^_^ But it's not malware, it's a feature. And I don't like it. B)

O, and btw, you can't click on those 'links': you have to hover your mouse above it and then the popup windows shows automatically. Clicking on them simply sends you to the top of the topic. As you can see the links that Hook posted simply are links to this topic.

Lucky you. ^_^ But it's not malware, it's a feature. And I don't like it. B)

O, and btw, you can't click on those 'links': you have to hover your mouse above it and then the popup windows shows automatically. Clicking on them simply sends you to the top of the topic. As you can see the links that Hook posted simply are links to this topic.

Yea  I now  agree with you  are you seeing this in other  forums or  just this  forum like me

If  you just click on the link yes it  brings you back to the page, but if  you click on any of the links inside the box it will open the link up

Peter kelberg

Still can't find any links in any of the threads doing this for me. Hover over those words, nothing, no popups etc. Is it doing the same if you view it with a different browser?

Dean

Ok found  the solution  that works  for me anyway   had to go to tools/internet option/security/  and move my slider  to high  the only  draw back to this  is it  disables javascript  for some  reason  and  it  says that certain feature will not  work  but the strange thing is it only  happens in this forum not any othe r forums?

Still can't find any links in any of the threads doing this for me. Hover over those words, nothing, no popups etc. Is it doing the same if you view it with a different browser?

happens in all browers i use  only  in this  forum only  not  any others

Peter kelberg

No malware on my system PCAviator as I keep a pretty tight noose on computer security.  I've never clicked on one, but rather rested my cursor over the underlined word and a little popup description box comes up with info.  I'm using IE9. 

Chris Sunseri

No malware on my system PCAviator as I keep a pretty tight noose on computer security.  I've never clicked on one, but rather rested my cursor over the underlined word and a little popup description box comes up with info.  I'm using IE9. 

iam using ie10  does it happen to you in other  forums?

Peter kelberg