Sign in to follow this  

Hi all,

Just a quick question, Will the Level-D 757 when finally released include the series 300 or will it just be the series 200 only?.  If one of the team is able to answer this question that would be great.

I did post this on the forums at level-D a while back but got no response.

I have also read this is near completion and we may see some news regarding Level-D by the end of this year 2013 perhaps?

Fellow simmers please let's not make my question turn into a "it wont be released slanging match", I am waiting patiently for a long time for this beauty and I am a firm believer it will be released eventually.

Thanks to everyone and the team 

Peter

Peter Graves

Kalgoorlie, WA

Hi

I am not a developer, but I think (I'm NOT sure...) that the 300 won't be inlcluded. On the LDS forums, whenever somebody asks if LDS is making a new airplane, Daryl responds that the 757-200 is in progress and there is no mention of a 300. Although with how long it's taken for them to get this almost ready I wouldn't be too surprised if there was a -300  :lol:! But on a serious side this is the only plane that I really would love to have for FSX and I'm looking forward to it. 

Ara 

Ara Mahs, Private Pilot

I am waiting patiently for a long time for this beauty and I am a firm believer it will be released eventually.

I take it you believe in the tooth fairy and santa clause also?

• Upvote 4

peter

you have a fellow "firm believer" downunder in yours truely !!

i tend to agree with ara that we will only see a 752 but with & without winglets.

for me, i would rather LDS get it as good as their 763 & not burden themselves trying to get 2 versions spot on .. others that do these expansion packs don't seem to do the variance between versions as well as they can / should and even compromise the base version to suit "porting".

the 763 in my opinion has still the best "simulation" of the fmc / mcp / lnav / vnav functions even after 7 years. a bit more systems modelling & graphics tweaking will make a 752 & / or 753 another leading sim.

for now, cheers

john martin

Hi all,

Thanks for all the replies, it's good to get other peoples perspectives on the project without it turning into the usual arguments.

It will be good to get a fully professional package of the 757 for FSX like the 767.

Thanks

Peter

Peter Graves

Kalgoorlie, WA

I flirted with the idea of CS757 but then came to my senses!  I looked at QW757 and while it is nice, it isn't on the same level as a PMDG or Level-D product.

I will continue to wait for Level-D's 757, but will probably jump to PMDG IF (Note that is a huge IF) they ever decide to do a 757.  I find that rather unlikely they would.  PMDG and Level-D are very respectful of each other and have stated they will not compete with one another.  Besides the 757 is currently not in production with Boeing and PMDG likes to focus on current aircraft like 737/747/777.

I have not heard of a -300, my personal favorite version of the 757.  Does anyone know if there was a systems(cockpit) or engine change between the -200/-300?  Other than of course the -300 has more powerful thrust.

• Upvote 1

I flirted with the idea of CS757 but then came to my senses!  I looked at QW757 and while it is nice, it isn't on the same level as a PMDG or Level-D product.

I will continue to wait for Level-D's 757, but will probably jump to PMDG IF (Note that is a huge IF) they ever decide to do a 757.  I find that rather unlikely they would.  PMDG and Level-D are very respectful of each other and have stated they will not compete with one another.  Besides the 757 is currently not in production with Boeing and PMDG likes to focus on current aircraft like 737/747/777.

I have not heard of a -300, my personal favorite version of the 757.  Does anyone know if there was a systems(cockpit) or engine change between the -200/-300?  Other than of course the -300 has more powerful thrust.

PMDG officially said they will not do a 757 for FSX unless Level-D confirms that they will not be releasing theirs.  PMDG and LVL-D are good friends, apparently, and PMDG isn't going to tread on their aircraft.

I think that is also why us consumers are wanting official answers or updates as to the progress because their decision not only influences us customers but also PMDG's decision-making.  I mean its already been 5 years (?) for the 757 development and we have yet to hear a word except "it's coming".

If LVL-D cancelled theirs you can rest assured that PMDG will step in.

I mean its already been 5 years (?) for the 757 development and we have yet to hear a word except "it's coming".

Try closer to eight years. I think they announced it around 05/06 so its definitely been over 5 years.

However long it takes, I am really looking forward to this. 

Ara Mahs, Private Pilot

Hi all,

Just a quick question, Will the Level-D 757 when finally released include the series 300 or will it just be the series 200 only?.  If one of the team is able to answer this question that would be great.

I did post this on the forums at level-D a while back but got no response.

I have also read this is near completion and we may see some news regarding Level-D by the end of this year 2013 perhaps?

Fellow simmers please let's not make my question turn into a "it wont be released slanging match", I am waiting patiently for a long time for this beauty and I am a firm believer it will be released eventually.

Thanks to everyone and the team 

Peter

Level D will be releasing this year the 757. The reason (like PMDG says too) they don't announce it is because too many people ask the same question "When will it be released?" and of course developers with limited budgets can't answer that question.

Go to this thread here : http://forum.avsim.net/topic/290381-757-soon/

Level D will be releasing this year the 757

Source?  -_-

Don't want to be synical, but I'll only believe the project still exists at the time they either release the damn thing or start showing massive amounts of screenshots of the almost-finished product. :rolleyes:

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

Source? -_-

Don't want to be synical, but I'll only believe the project still exists at the time they either release the damn thing or start showing massive amounts of screenshots of the almost-finished product. :rolleyes:

DS. I can't believe you write stuff without checking from the person who posts on Avsim and their own live Level D forums. Now that's enough information for you.

I'm not going o write his name out in full. Go look.

Signed Daniel

Level D will be releasing this year the 757. The reason (like PMDG says too) they don't announce it is because too many people ask the same question "When will it be released?" and of course developers with limited budgets can't answer that question.

I believe it only when I see it. I understand why they don't announce when they will release it, however I don't understand why there are no preview pictures at all if the product is actually still being developed and anywhere near release... 

If they would really release it this year at this point they would definitely need to have most of the things completed, yet we haven't seen any proper preview pictures or videos from it. And no, I don't think releasing some pictures to show that the project is still indeed going on would do any harm. 

Anyway personally I'm happy with the QW bird for now, if Level D some day surprises me and releases the bird before I've switched to some future platform I will surely switch to that one but who knows how long we might have to wait, maybe 5 years more?