Sign in to follow this  

Only gonna believe when LDS shows us something.

Their special hard copy manual, dated 2006, speaks of this LDS 757 coming...7 years ago.

spacer.png

DS. I can't believe you write stuff without checking from the person who posts on Avsim and their own live Level D forums. Now that's enough information for you.

I'm not going o write his name out in full. Go look.

Signed Daniel

I'm sorry but I can't seem to find anything indicating release is in the next 4 months. But trust me, if it gets released, either this year or whenever, I'll instantly buy it.

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

Level D is no more... I'll gladly eat my words if a LDS 757 is released though.

• Upvote 1

I would take A full functional 757 over the PMDG 777 any day. I am just not into long haulers. The QW is a great model  but the complexity is just to simplified for my liking. I wish they would bring theirs up to a full function model. 

Vic green

I would take A full functional 757 over the PMDG 777 any day. I am just not into long haulers. The QW is a great model  but the complexity is just to simplified for my liking. I wish they would bring theirs up to a full function model. 

I have another PC with FS9 with the PSS 757. Now while I'd like an FSX version, I will fly that if I want. But I love the Level D product. The PSS was also wonderful, crisp and accurate to fly, especially the 777-300.

Signed

Regards,

Daniel

Level D is no more... I'll gladly eat my words if a LDS 757 is released though.

I'm sorry but I can't seem to find anything indicating release is in the next 4 months. But trust me, if it gets released, either this year or whenever, I'll instantly buy it.

Only gonna believe when LDS shows us something.

Their special hard copy manual, dated 2006, speaks of this LDS 757 coming...7 years ago.

I believe it only when I see it. I understand why they don't announce when they will release it, however I don't understand why there are no preview pictures at all if the product is actually still being developed and anywhere near release... 

If they would really release it this year at this point they would definitely need to have most of the things completed, yet we haven't seen any proper preview pictures or videos from it. And no, I don't think releasing some pictures to show that the project is still indeed going on would do any harm. 

Anyway personally I'm happy with the QW bird for now, if Level D some day surprises me and releases the bird before I've switched to some future platform I will surely switch to that one but who knows how long we might have to wait, maybe 5 years more? 

Everything they have posted in forums (which you can gladly research yourself-you need to register your 767 for the Level D forums to get access but when you do you will realize that Level D is well and alive!) indicate that even in 2010 they released a winglet version to the 767 and that the 757 is on track. I am pretty confident that the release is imminent. Some people are probably quite sore about it because Level D has kept so silent (Kudos to them!) and PMDG has basically done the same. There is no reason to keep a programmer stuck for hours on a forum each day updating the progress of an aircraft, unless the company had millions of dollars behind it and had budgeted for PR. I think there is enough PR with its previous work and almost everyone knows that. :-)

Signed

Regards

Daniel

Everything they have posted in forums (which you can gladly research yourself-you need to register your 767 for the Level D forums to get access but when you do you will realize that Level D is well and alive!) indicate that even in 2010 they released a winglet version to the 767 and that the 757 is on track. I am pretty confident that the release is imminent. Some people are probably quite sore about it because Level D has kept so silent (Kudos to them!) and PMDG has basically done the same. There is no reason to keep a programmer stuck for hours on a forum each day updating the progress of an aircraft, unless the company had millions of dollars behind it and had budgeted for PR. I think there is enough PR with its previous work and almost everyone knows that. :-)

Signed

Regards

Daniel

+1 Agreed.

Ara Mahs, Private Pilot

Any news? Hope it comes out soon, looking forward to it.

It most likely has been abandoned. It was announced 11 years ago and the developer has barely shown and image or two five years ago. It doesn't even get talked about anymore because people consider it abandoned. 

• Upvote 2

It would be courteous of Level D to formally announce that it is abandoned. They have become a joke with this project.

• Upvote 2

David Porrett

I have given up on the 767, it is too painful to even fly anymore.  I heard there was someone that updated the textures to more FSX like I have yet to really look.  I want a professional level 767 and 757 but unless LVLD actually shows pictures, I am moving on.  I loved the LVLD 767 for its day.

Yep their 767 was good back in the day but no longer holds up.

And Daryl so much as admitted recently in their forums that a 757 is on long term back burner...so likely never.

spacer.png

At the beginning of this year Daryl mentioned to "look out for a revitalized Level-D Simulations in 2016" but so far nothing's happened...I'm just waiting for Flight Factor to release its updated 757 (which is apparently coming soon). QualityWings has hinted at a 757 v2 as well, but that'll definitely come after their 787 and 737CL if they decide on it.  And Maaaybe LDS will drop something on us that'll blow us away, but I'm not optimistic. 

Ara Mahs, Private Pilot