Sign in to follow this  
FIVE-BY-FIVE

Do You Think Austin Flies his Creation: Xplane

Sometimes I wonder what Austin sims in his spare time at home :Thinking:  I wonder if he flies DCS or maybe even Prepar3D.  Maybe he's a big Farm Sim fan or Euro Truck man. :lol:

I do think he lives totally devoted to his family, x-plane, and more recently his cause ( which is not only his... ).

The spare time,  I guess he may well try to spend it flying the Cirrus or the new turboprop, maybe travelling (?)  At least once a year he comes to Europe to meet a community of very active x-plane users / developers.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

He told me he plays Frogger. Totally way less stressful.

Sent from my Apple communications device.

I do think he lives totally devoted to his family, x-plane, and more recently his cause ( which is not only his... ).

The spare time,  I guess he may well try to spend it flying the Cirrus or the new turboprop, maybe travelling (?)  At least once a year he comes to Europe to meet a community of very active x-plane users / developers.

Austin switched from the Cirrus to a Columbia 400, which was derived from a Lancair, and eventually purchased by Cessna to become the Corvalis. His first 400, was damaged when the hangars roof came down on it, during a storm.

He will play it for the cameras:

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Sometimes I wonder what Austin sims in his spare time at home :Thinking:  I wonder if he flies DCS or maybe even Prepar3D.  Maybe he's a big Farm Sim fan or Euro Truck man. :lol:

:LMAO:

Probably all four including ELITE, he wants to see first hand where's jcomm's enthusiasm/knowledge come from.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

He has a turboprop now too?

:LMAO:

Probably all four including ELITE, he wants to see first hand where's jcomm's enthusiasm/knowledge is coming from.

:lol:  I still think Austin should hire Jcomm for his Marketing Dept. :P   or maybe a position as Torque Supervisor :lol:  jk, jcomm :Hug:

He should be there as a development supervisor lol. He might drive the developers crazy though...

I seem to remember him saying, ( on an Avsim/Digital Themepark Teamspeak interview/question-answer session), that he was not very familiar with MS FS, or FSX.

Understandable  -- his passion is X-Plane,   and he may well not to want his vision for X-Plane swayed by any FSX ways of doing things.

I seem to remember him saying, ( on an Avsim/Digital Themepark Teamspeak interview/question-answer session), that he was not very familiar with MS FS, or FSX.

Understandable  -- his passion is X-Plane,   and he may well not to want his vision for X-Plane swayed by any FSX ways of doing things.

I remember him saying that, which explained alot of why he didn't understand what most FSX simmers had hoped for in a next-gen flight simulator.

I remember him saying that, which explained alot of why he didn't understand what most FSX simmers had hoped for in a next-gen flight simulator.

It was one thing that did not make any sense to me.  You would have thought that it would be an advantage to be aware of the products of those you are competing with.

Nether the less, he seems to be doing well, and X-Plane would appear to be moving forward in development at a much greater rate than anything else out that which is comparable to FSX.

I wish him every success..

He's hoping in a pmdg 777 release for XPX :-)

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270