Sign in to follow this  
kennedy2125

"Voiceconfig has stopped working" when launching VoxATC voice configurator

Hi,
   I have had VOXATC working well for over 18 months now however after I installed the new version 6.2 whenever I try to use VoxPOP or voice configuration it comes up with an error message that says Voiceconfig has stopped working or voxpopserver has stopped working.  This only occurred after the new install.  I use Win 7 64bit completely upto date with 16gb ram.  Because of this issue I cannot install and configure other voices.  

VoxATC still works within FSX.  I am using DX10 preview mode if that is any help but have only just completed that change (within 7 days).  VOXatc was ok after I changed over to DX10.  I did create an new FSX.cfg but installed the new VoxATC after that.

I have also done a fresh install from my disc version of VoxATC (v 6.06 UK enhanced) and it still comes up with the same issue!  I did completely uninstall v6.2 before I did this so do not understand why this is still happening when all was well before.

Can anyone offer any solutions

Many Thanks

Dave

Hi All,

I got no joy off VOXatc support at all.  I finally found the answer myself.  I had recently installed RadeonPro to manage my Graphics card settings and it appears that this was, for some reason conflicting with VOXatc.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

I disabled Radeonpro and VOXatc seems to work again though I have no idea yet what effect disabling Radeonpro has on the graphics and performance in game.  I used radeonpro as it was recommended on the DX10 forum.

Very strange that changes to video affects voice...

I have no idea what the problem could be, so here are just a few questions to contemplate:

In the first post you said that the problem occured just by using VoxPOP. Does VoxATC and its configuration tools still crash if you haven't installed VoxPOP? (i.e. only use microsoft voices)

Is there something interesting in the error log?

Strange that the developer hasn't responded. I have contacted him 4 or 5 times since I bought VoxATC a couple of years ago, and always got an answer.

Helge

Helge Rasmussen

Hi Helge,

VoxATC did get back to me but could only advise me to reinstall everything cleanly. After numerous attempts at this and no success they could offer no other advice. They did not mention any error logs and I still would not know where to find those.

With regards your question, the issue affected all aspects of VoxATC, voiceconfig, sims elect, everything except for registration and advanced settings. I have know idea why radeonpro would affect it, but it seems radeonpro is also affecting other program's such as trackir as well. The trackir program responds really slowly when radeonpro is turned on and crashed several times when in game.

I am going to contact radeonpro direct to see if they can understand the issues.

In the meantime I have disabled radeonpro but not run fsx since so do not know how that affects the game. I have followed the advice on ccc settings in the dx10 user guide for those who do not have radeonpro so hopefully it does not affect it too much.

When I get a response off radeonpro I shall post it here.

Thanks

Dave