Sign in to follow this  
vololiberista

Best settings for GForce 9600 GSO 512 within FS9?

I've copied this topic to this forum because on the "correct" one it hasn't even been read!

So I thought it might get a bit more exposure here!

I have recently installed the above video card into an XP sp2 environment. I began to have lots of blue screens which initially I put down to memory errors. There were so many that Windows itself crashed and had to be reinstalled. After the reinstallation it was clear that in the original installation Windows "lied" when it said it was installing drivers from the video card's disc. It was in fact installing its own. The driver in question being NV4_DISP.dll

The reinstalltion corrected that malfunction

In the Nvidia control panel I set everything to the default settings and since then there has been every screen colour imaginable except "blue!" :-)

My old video card a Gforce 440 did everything perfectly. But I have not yet been able to reproduce that with the new card.

So my question is: What settings are recommended for sharp scenery, no shimmering, and decent frame rates and smooth flying?

If anyone else uses this card (or similar) I'd like to hear what they've achieved. With it I'm getting 65+ fps!!