Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Help guys...I'm flying online participating in a big event and have an issue with my landing gear

Something tells me you have crash detection on. For your own good you should turn that off, FSX does a horrible job at representing damage. I'm betting you stepped on something during t/o or taxi and FSX interpreted it like a damaged gear.

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

This is interesting, I do have crash detection enabled in FSX so maybe you're right.

What I wonder though is what will happen to PMDG's and FS2CREW's failure modelling if I disable crash detection in FSX because I don't want an aircraft I can pretty much slam into the ground for instance with no damage since that would feel even more unrealistic and take away much of the excitement performing a tricky crosswind landing for example.

Richard Åsberg

This is interesting, I do have crash detection enabled in FSX so maybe you're right.

What I wonder though is what will happen to PMDG's and FS2CREW's failure modelling if I disable crash detection in FSX because I don't want an aircraft I can pretty much slam into the ground for instance with no damage since that would feel even more unrealistic and take away much of the excitement performing a tricky crosswind landing for example.

Even with crash detection off, you will know if you crashed if your jet's pitch is brutally reset on landing or you get back up a few hundred feet in the air. you will know. About failures, they still work with crash detect off, even the default ones.

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

I think I'll stay with crash detection enabled rather than possibly end up as a bouncing ball on landing :wink:

Still hoping for someone from PMDG to comment on this.

Richard Åsberg

if you need support from pmdg you have to submit a ticket via their website.

Ok, haven't been in here for quite some time and thought PMDG every now and then stopped by and commented on stuff posted but sure I'll create a support ticket instead and will report the answer back here since others have seen this failure/issue too.

Richard Åsberg

Ok, haven't been in here for quite some time and thought PMDG every now and then stopped by and commented on stuff posted but sure I'll create a support ticket instead and will report the answer back here since others have seen this failure/issue too.

Much appreciated

Hi fellows, just try to delete FSUIPCl, and reinstall again.

This fix all.

regards

Fher.

ATO VATMEX director, VATNA P1-P2 instructor (spanish), VATSIM 897455, more than 9000 hrs flight.

Hi fellows, just try to delete FSUIPCl, and reinstall again.

This fix all.

regards

Fher.

Really?

So what you're saying is that FSUIPC caused my right hand side landing gear not retract with the gear lights remaining ON as seen in the screenshots?

I do have trouble believing that FSUIPC is to blame here, is there somewhere I could read about this or why do you think reinstalling FSUIPC would solve this?

Richard Åsberg

are you using fs2crew emergency edition . I clicked my activate button by mistake and couldn't figure out what the hell was going on

ZORAN

Yes, I'm using the emergency pack but when this happened I had no indication from FS2Crew anything was wrong and I also asked about this over in the FS2Crew forum but Bryan (the developer of FS2Crew) just as me thought this was a weird failure so it doesn't appear to be FS2Crew causing it.

Richard Åsberg

Something tells me you have crash detection on. For your own good you should turn that off, FSX does a horrible job at representing damage. I'm betting you stepped on something during t/o or taxi and FSX interpreted it like a damaged gear.

This.

Were you using Vatsim weather at the time?. I have had the same issue with using Vatsim weather. But only on the -700 for some reason

I tried re installing Fsuipc, but still happens. Still troubleshooting it, so will let you know if i find the culprit Richard.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Thanks for your input!

No, I'm using FS Global Real Weather but I've seen this a couple of times in the past using other wx engines as well so it doesn't appear to me to be related to the wx engine.

I created a PMDG support ticket asking about this rather odd issue and will let you know when I hear from them.

Richard Åsberg